The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

3.) The Best Of Kerry Von Erich was a USWA tape released in the early 90s, which I bought but ended up losing (how stupid of me). Apart from Ebay, are there any companies that can do searches for deleted video tapes (I'd prefer the original VHS, not a DVD copy or anything like that).

Heres a couple of ways you can try:Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com market place is like an area where second hand videos can be bought, you can search there.Sendit.com, can attempt to track it down.Ask for in the Classified section of the UKFF, it has worked for me in the past.

Quite simply, because it sucked, i think. Although i reckon if Survivor Series was to actually feature more than a couple of survivor matches at Survivor Series the concept could work real niftyily today, being a great way to plant seeds for fueds/matches leading to Wrestlemania.

I see. Thank you. I think the concept could have worked, depending on who progressed to the finale. For example, if the concept had been used in 1991, it would have been Legion of Doom, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, El Matador & Sgt. Slaughter VS Ric Flair, The Nasty Boys & Blake Beverly. An interesting combination, don't you agree?

Although it was initally successful, the sales figures fell. Wikipedia.com details the reasons as to why the publication failed;

Thank you, Van Dammer. That's a detailed explanation. I'm all for complicated comic book stories (some of the best X-Men stories were complicated), but it sounds like Warrior's were just out of this world and not accessible.

Sendit.com, can attempt to track it down.

Thank you, UKEdge. I know some people might have said download it (I wouldn't know how - I'm computer clueless), but I want the original VHS, which I think was released by Video Gems or one of those other companies. Edited by King Cobra

• Paid Members

4.) Remember the Survivor Series Finale match at the 1990 Survivor Series? Why was that Grand Survivors finale concept never used again?

I don't know for certain, but I suspect one problem was that you had to either:a) End the night with a heel victory (a total no-no in those days)b) Have every single heel in the company do a job during the nightc) Run a load of screwy finishes to protect your heelsI think the one time they did use it, it caused too many problems booking the rest of the show. For example, they wanted Sgt Slaughter to be dominant, but they didn't want him anywhere near Hogan or Warrior at that point, so his Survivor Series match came off as anti-climatic. I also remember at the time that some friends and I who were writing a fanzine thought wrestling was completely legitimate, but we still thought Power & Glory suddenly looked terrible in the final match - I think the exact phrase we used was "exposed as frauds".

1.) Does anyone recall if The Legion of Doom had any matches with Rhythm & Blues? I can't recall any, but thought I'd ask

The closest they came to wrestling each other was here:WWF @ Boston, MA - Boston Garden - November 11, 1990 (either 6,500 or 7,500)Earthquake won a bunkhouse battle royal; other participants included: Roddy Piper, the Legion of Doom, Tugboat, Jim Duggan, Saba Simba, Dusty Rhodes, WWF Tag Team Champions Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart, the Black Demon, Dino Bravo, Demolition Ax & Crush, Tito Santana, the Warlord, Boris Zhukov, Ted Dibiase, Virgil, Greg Valentine, & the Honkytonk Man

Cheers, JNLister and landy1987. It's a shame the LOD and Rhythm and Blues never fought in a Tag Team encounter - I'd have enjoyed seeing Honky fall victim to the Doomsday Device.As for the Grand Finale concept of Survivor Series, JNLister's explanation makes sense. When I watched the event in 1990, I remember being very disappointed that The Warlord was eliminated so quickly (which, if I recall correctly, was down to Tito Santana's finishing move).

3.) The Best Of Kerry Von Erich was a USWA tape released in the early 90s, which I bought but ended up losing (how stupid of me). Apart from Ebay, are there any companies that can do searches for deleted video tapes (I'd prefer the original VHS, not a DVD copy or anything like that).

Heres a couple of ways you can try:Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com market place is like an area where second hand videos can be bought, you can search there.Sendit.com, can attempt to track it down.Ask for in the Classified section of the UKFF, it has worked for me in the past.
The other option is to win a competition on RIM.

Carlito won the US title in his first match on Smackdown. Trevor Murdoch and Lance Cade won the tag titles in their first match on Raw. Cade had wrestled there previously, but it was Murdochs debut.Same thing happened with MNM on Smackdown.Gail Kim won the womans title in her first match on Raw.

Which two wrestlers have faced off on the most PPV main events together? It's something I've always wondered. Flair/Hogan have BATB '94, Havoc '94, Uncensored '99/2000 and Superbrawl IX. Including tag matches: Uncensored '96 and Fall Brawl '96Can anyone beat this? I'm not up with WWF '99+ PPV's, perhaps Austin/Rock have this beaten.

Austin vs Rock wrestled one on one on PPV FIVE times (six if you count Rebellion 2001) but their first match at In Your House in December 1997 wasn't a main event.

Rock vs HHH - though not always main events - have wrestled eachother SEVEN times one on one on PPV as well as a few more in a Survivor Series match, three ways, four ways and a six man.

Carlito won the US title in his first match on Smackdown. Trevor Murdoch and Lance Cade won the tag titles in their first match on Raw. Cade had wrestled there previously, but it was Murdochs debut.Same thing happened with MNM on Smackdown.Gail Kim won the womans title in her first match on Raw.

Cade and Murdoch won the belts at Unforgiven IIRC.