The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

In Paul London's OWW bio, under his old gimmicks they have "El Gran Luchadore". Whats this about? When did it happen?

He wrestled one match (i think) in the wwe with this gimmick against jbl.If i remember, it was last year during Eddies feud with jbl, El Gran Luchadore was billed as the grand champion of Mexico or something like that.:) Edited by Ashley

although ive never seen nitro although really should get hold of some. i got the impression charles didnt turn to little naitch till around bash at the beach. although by that time booking had got stupid and he was featured as part of flairs faction not just a matey ref, so story could have gone on longer.i thought flair was face at spring stampede though, although looking at it i suppose the faces were DDP and sting

How did the Bret vs Davey Boy match at Summerslam '92 come about?

To my knowlege, Bret was Intercontinental champ at the time, and they needed a credible way of taking the belt off him so they could bump him up to the Main-Event scene. And they had to keep the fans happy, so what better way than to have a huge face v. face match in the second biggest pay per view of the year. Plus, given the situation, Davey Boy just HAD to be in the main event, and he HAD to go over clean to a credible wrestler, to "make the moment" so to speak.In a kayfabed prospective, Bulldog was simply the number one contender to the belt. Plus they had a lovely little angle running with Diana Hart, where she couldn't decide who to support, her brother or her husband. Edited by Storm1:08

How did the Bret vs Davey Boy match at Summerslam '92 come about?

Summerslam 92 was originally set for the Capitol Centre in Landover, Maryland, and would have had Bret Hart against Shawn Michaels as the semi-final (later thought to have been in a ladder match, thus their "rehersal" in July 92, which is the match on Smack Em Whack Em). However, a spring show at the same arena drew less than a quarter full arena. Somewhere between time, someone came up with the idea of running Wembley Stadium. While it may still have sold out with Bret v Shawn, there needed to be a strong match for Davey Boy (who, remember, didn't even wrestle at Wrestlemania 8, with his match against Berzerker bumped for time reasons). Bret v Davey was a perfect fit. To the best of my knowledge there were no plans at that time to make Bret WWF champion, and he'd likely have kept onto the IC belt for a lot longer if not for Davey (who just HAD to win)...

Ok, I've been away for 7 weeks, yet to catch up with Raw and Smackdown, all the tapes are sitting here staring at me. So my question is, what channel is Survivor Series on this Sunday?

Ok, I've been away for 7 weeks, yet to catch up with Raw and Smackdown, all the tapes are sitting here staring at me. So my question is, what channel is Survivor Series on this Sunday?

You'll love Smackdown.You'll laugh with horror at RAW.

I am now told I only have Raws, I've decided not to bother with anything before Taboo Tuesday because the PPV seemed crap, haven't been impressed with the Raw after Taboo Tuesday yet..Another question, when did Styles sign with WWE? And is it long term or short term?