The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Did Hulk Hogan and Ravishing Rick Rude ever have a one-on-one match?

Yes, only one I know which was recorded, from thehistoryofwwe.com website:WWF @ Boston, MA - Boston Garden - January 9, 1988 (13,903)Televised on NESN - included Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby Heenan on commentary:Iron Mike Sharpe pinned SD Jones at 7:54 after hitting him in the head with his forearm supportPrime Time Wrestling - 1/18/88: Dino Bravo defeated Jerry AllenDavey Boy Smith & the Dynamite Kid defeated the Conquistadors when Dynamite scored the pin at 12:56 after the press slam / diving headbutt combo; before the bout, commentator Bobby Heenan left ringside after being threatened by the BulldogsTed Dibiase (w/ Virgil) pinned Jake Roberts with a roll up and holding the tights for leverage at 8:43, after Roberts attacked an interfering Virgil; after the bout, Dibiase became caught in the ropes and Roberts was about to put Damien on him before Virgil pulled Dibiase from the ringWWF Women's Tag Team Champions Judy Martin & Leilani Kai defeated the Jumping Bomb AngelsWWF World Champion Hulk Hogan pinned Rick Rude (w/ Bobby Heenan) with the legdrop after Rude thought he had won the match with the backbreaker submission hold; after the bout, the champion was attacked and bloodied by Ted Dibiase (Best of the WWF Vol. 20)Greg Valentine defeated Brutus Beefcake via count-outWWF Tag Team Champions Rick Martel & Tito Santana defeated Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart (w/ Jimmy Hart) via disqualification when Neidhart hit Santana with Jimmy Hart's megaphone

Thank you, Landy. I was given a link to the History of the WWE site, and would have had a browse when I had the time, but I thought I'd ask someone here just in case they knew of a match.It's a pity Rick Rude left WCW in 1994 (back injury, I think) as a Hulk Hogan/Rick Rude feud may have been good. Rick Rude would have also made a good WWF prospect in 1994 - imagine the prospect of Rick Rude/Razor Ramon for the I-C Title, or even WWF Champion Bret Hart VS Rick Rude.

• Paid Members

Has there ever been anyone who had a heel turn during a major championship reign?

The most obvious answer to mind is Randy Savage, who - as WWF Champion -turned on Hogan in late '88/early '89 when he became jealous of the (naturally well-meaning) attention Hogan paid Elizabeth - saving her from beatings, carrying her out of the way when she gets hurt etc.

I wish I could be of more help, but the only place that I've seen it, recently, is on OzShop and they only ship to Australia and New Zealand.My advise would be to keep an eye out on eBay. There's been several Captain Charisma T-shirts sold on there lately...

Edited by Van_Dammer