The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Re: Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior DVD DEBACLEI wish I hadn't pre-ordered this.It had an initial release date of September. No date was given. I'm not complaining. It's only a month, yet there is something else bothering me.Now, there is another thing popping up on the 'net. Half of the online retailers have it listed as a 2-disc set. WWE Shopzone and Silver Vision have it listed as a 1-disc set and so do a lot of other online retailers. However, to make things worse, somebody told me that there is a 2-disc set, but that the 2-disc set is exclusive to one U.S. retail chain. I would e-mail Silver Vision, but they don't appear to be answering e-mails nowadays.So, my question is...Does anyone know what is going on? 1 or 2 discs? Release date? I've never known a DVD release with so much confusion.Thank you.

In USA, GFE (or some similar chain) are giving away a bonus disc. It features three bonus bouts: Ultimate Warrior vs. Hercules from MSG, Warrior vs. Savage from Summerslam 1992 and one other match I can't remember.It's avaliable for download on PWTorrents.

• Paid Members

When can we expect ratings through for the intial episodes of TNA Impact on Spike? I'm intrigued to how well they do on a saturday.

When can we expect ratings through for the intial episodes of TNA Impact on Spike? I'm intrigued to how well they do on a saturday.

I think they were meant to be out today. So sometime tonite maybe :)Credit - The Observer

TNA Wrestling

Edited by the g

Guest Ashley

I've read about Brian Pillmans 'Loose Cannon' gimmick... what was it exactly?

He "shot" on people, he called Kevin Sullivan "Booker man" on tv, which was a break of kayfabe, he also claimed to be fired by wcw and turned up in ecw, ran down wcw and Eric Bischoff and threatened to urinate in the ecw ring.

• Paid Members

This is a strange question, but how is wrestlers' pay organized? Why aren't they payed equally?

Because some are better than others, and some make more money for the company than others.Are you seriously suggesting Gobbledy Gooker should have been on the same sallary as Steve Austin?

This is a strange question, but how is wrestlers' pay organized? Why aren't they payed equally?

Because some are better than others, and some make more money for the company than others.Are you seriously suggesting Gobbledy Gooker should have been on the same sallary as Steve Austin?
Definitely not, but from wages that I've read about, the differences can be shocking at times...If wrestlers are paid according to how much they make for the company, can they still recieve pay rises, despite signing a set contract for x amount of years? For instance, someone like Batista is obviously doing much more for the company now than he was when he signed.Final question; what's the average pay likely to be for a WWE worker? Edited by Van_Dammer

• Paid Members

Definitely not, but from wages that I've read about, the differences can be shocking at times...If wrestlers are paid according to how much they make for the company, are can still recieve pay rises after signing a set contract for x amount of years?Final question; what's the average pay likely to be for a WWE worker?
I'd guess that contracts are determined initially by how much Vince thinks they'll make for the company, hence the bulging packet of Mark Henry, and the comparitively mediocre sallary of Mankind.

If wrestlers are paid according to how much they make for the company, can they still recieve pay rises, despite signing a set contract for x amount of years? For instance, someone like Batista is obviously doing much more for the company now than he was when he signed.

WWE wrestlers sign for a downside guarantee, and then get the rest of their money from bonuses, which they get from % of merchandice items of theirs sold, % of the gate of house shows/tv shows they appear on (main events make you a bigger cut than opening matches) and % of ppv buys so a guy like Batista will suddenly start making alot more money than he did last year, because last year he was a mid carder, and this year he's much more popular, selling more merchandise and main eventing alot.

How did the fisherman's suplex get its name?  Who was using it at the time?

I believe it's to do with the "hooking" of the leg.
Really? That's disappointing.When I think fishermen, I'm thinking big burly guys in Arran sweaters and sou'westers hauling nets out of the North sea. Not those idiots on the canal with a rod and line. Fishermen by my idea of the word don't even use hooks. :(