The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Can anyone tell me who was under the mask of Kimchee - Kamala's manager? I think i read somewhere it was Steve 'Brooklyn Brawler' Lombardi, was it him?

When wrestling, yes I think it was. I think "Downtown" Bruno Lauer (Harvey Whippleman) also worked as Kim Chee at times, when he was just a manager.

Can anyone tell me who was under the mask of Kimchee - Kamala's manager? I think i read somewhere it was Steve 'Brooklyn Brawler' Lombardi, was it him?

When wrestling, yes I think it was. I think "Downtown" Bruno Lauer (Harvey Whippleman) also worked as Kim Chee at times, when he was just a manager.
I think you are right.I would imagine that, like most masked wrestlers/wrestling personalities, Kim Chee was likely played by a whole host of people, depending on who was free etc.

• Paid Members

Am I mad in thinking that the first manager Demolition~ ever had in the WWF was Luscious Johnny V?

I always assumed it was Mr Fuji but you could be right. It was definitely Fuji by the time Wrestlemania IV rolled around (their first WM) but wouldn't know if they initially had Luscious Johnny for house shows and TV prior to that.
I think it was Johnny V, because I remember seeing on WWE Classics a couple of years ago, Demolition's debut and the original team was different (no Ax?) than the one we would grow to know and love :) and i'm sure Johnny V was a part of it.
Taken from the excellent WWF/E results archive given to me by the Godlike JNLister~

Demolition (w/ Johnny V) defeated Salvatore Bellomo & Mario Mancini when Ax pinned Mancini after the Decapitation at 2:22 (Demolition's debut; Randy Culley aka Moondog Rex played the role of Smash until being replaced by Barry Darsow)

I *think* it was aired on the old WWF Classics show on Sky.

• Paid Members

www.thehistoryofwwe.com

On this site, there are some posters for house show tours featuring Bret Hart vs Jim Neidhart from 1994. Does anyone know if any Bret vs Jim matches happened on Raw or appear on a colliseum video. I have a couple of Bret-Davey vs Owen-Jim matches, but no Bret vs Jim one on one matches.Rick

www.thehistoryofwwe.com

On this site, there are some posters for house show tours featuring Bret Hart vs Jim Neidhart from 1994. Does anyone know if any Bret vs Jim matches happened on Raw or appear on a colliseum video. I have a couple of Bret-Davey vs Owen-Jim matches, but no Bret vs Jim one on one matches.Rick
No, not in a singles match capacity. As you say, plenty of tag matches across quite a few colliseum video releases (although a great many I think are doubled up). I do know that quite a few from house shows in 1994 (including 29/10/94 and 5/11/94) were fan filmed.

Has anybody found out who faced Heidenreich on the 14/04/05 SmackDown in Chicago,Il.

It was Phil Brown from NWA VA wasn't it?

Has Chris Nowinski been released by the WWE, and if so what is he doing now-a-days?He was a great talent, and would have made an excellent IC Champion.

I believe he suffered a serious concusion that he has never got over - much like Bret Hart.

Why do Title changes happen on house shows, specifically WWE ones?Over the years there have been a few that changed hands, before changing back to the original champion before the next weeks tv and never mentioned (like M.O.M. vs Quebecers on the post-WMX UK tour, or the many Hardcore Title switches).But also a few which were mentioned on tv. The one that sticks out most in my mind is Diesel winning the WWF Title from Bob Backlund in 1994.The build up for Bret vs Backlund lasted a few months up to Survivor Series where Backlund won the title. The fact that he lost it on a house show within a few days to a man who was never anywhere near the title picture - except for a few weeks around KOTR 1994 - was baffling to me.If they wanted Diesel as champion why do it with no build up?Why have Backlund's 1 or 2 month title chase be totally wiped out within days and not even have it on RAW?Likewise the Steiners & Money Inc. They traded it three or four times in a week on house shows and it was acknowledged on TV even though nothing really had changed in the Tag Title picture.

• Paid Members

Has Chris Nowinski been released by the WWE, and if so what is he doing now-a-days?He was a great talent, and would have made an excellent IC Champion.

I believe he suffered a serious concusion that he has never got over - much like Bret Hart.
Last I heard, he was doing a lot of research into the subject and becoming an academic expert on the link between sports (particularly American football) and concussions.

Am I mad in thinking that the first manager Demolition~ ever had in the WWF was Luscious Johnny V?

I always assumed it was Mr Fuji but you could be right. It was definitely Fuji by the time Wrestlemania IV rolled around (their first WM) but wouldn't know if they initially had Luscious Johnny for house shows and TV prior to that.
I think it was Johnny V, because I remember seeing on WWE Classics a couple of years ago, Demolition's debut and the original team was different (no Ax?) than the one we would grow to know and love :) and i'm sure Johnny V was a part of it.
Taken from the excellent WWF/E results archive given to me by the Godlike JNLister~

Demolition (w/ Johnny V) defeated Salvatore Bellomo & Mario Mancini when Ax pinned Mancini after the Decapitation at 2:22 (Demolition's debut; Randy Culley aka Moondog Rex played the role of Smash until being replaced by Barry Darsow)

I *think* it was aired on the old WWF Classics show on Sky.
The argument that I always have over this is that Ax and Smash in this capacity were named retrospectively- and that at the time this happened, Eadie was NOT referred to as Ax, nor was Culley called Smash. This only happened after Darsow came on board, and at that point were they given the names Ax and Smash...

Why do Title changes happen on house shows, specifically WWE ones?

When house show attendence is in the shitter, much like it was when the Diesel change took place, the WWE has a title change hands to encourage people to go more shows.