The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

The Maestros real name was Rob Kellum. I know he actually owned the rights to the famous name Gorgeous George and wrestled under that name, then sold the rights to Randy Savage, which his girlfriend used in WCW in 1999.

The Maestros real name was Rob Kellum. I know he actually owned the rights to the famous name Gorgeous George and wrestled under that name, then sold the rights to Randy Savage, which his girlfriend used in WCW in 1999.

Yeah, in one of those "only in WCW" moments, they hired Kellum (who as Larryboy said, owned the Gorgeous George name and used it on the Indys) as part of a deal that gave them the rights to the name. The plan was to give the name to Lanny Poffo. As it turned out, they just paid Lanny for ages to sit at home doing nothing, and ended up using the name for that ropey chick Savage was dating instead! Kellum was given the Maestro gimmick and a chance to get over on TV, but unfortunately he sucked balls.

Does anybody know who was "The Maestro" in WCW during 2000? He was led to the ring by some hot lady called "Symphony". I don't recall who they were, or what they did next.Anybody? Thanks.

Not sureabout the Maestro, but Symphony also played the role of Ken Shamrock's sister Ryan in the WWF in 1999. In a weird twist, she wound up dating Ken for a while after he refused to do an incest storyline between the two of them.She also played the role of Aleesha in the early days of TNA, and was also in AAA last year.
Isn't she doing TAFKA X-Pac these days?

• Paid Members

Yeah, in one of those "only in WCW" moments, they hired Kellum (who as Larryboy said, owned the Gorgeous George name and used it on the Indys) as part of a deal that gave them the rights to the name. The plan was to give the name to Lanny Poffo. As it turned out, they just paid Lanny for ages to sit at home doing nothing, and ended up using the name for that ropey chick Savage was dating instead! Kellum was given the Maestro gimmick and a chance to get over on TV, but unfortunately he sucked balls.
When he had the Beethoven hairdo that was gold. Admit it.

On a similar note, does anybody know what happened to Kaz Hayashi?Thanks.

When WCW folded he went to WWE development for a while. When Muto became president of All Japan, he asked Hayashi to move back and become part of it's junior division. He makes his main home there still, as well as competing in Mexico and on smaller Japanese shows.

I'm not sure if this question belongs here but what the hey.Has anyone ever ordered from http://www.wrestlingworld.co.uk/ for stuff? Specifically replica belts? I'm interested in getting a winged eagle belt and they're doing it for a great price of 180.Ta!

I have they're very good, for larger parcels you will get full parcelforce tracking details as well..

I'm not sure if this question belongs here but what the hey.Has anyone ever ordered from http://www.wrestlingworld.co.uk/ for stuff? Specifically replica belts? I'm interested in getting a winged eagle belt and they're doing it for a great price of 180.Ta!

I have they're very good, for larger parcels you will get full parcelforce tracking details as well..
Cool, thanks :)

• Paid Members

When Dave Meltzer talks about the Ortiz/Shamrock rivalry being the reason UFC exploded, is he talking about their first match at UFC 40, or their rematch after TUF 3?

In a way, both. The UFC 40 match had a low buyrate by today's standards, but was the first decent success since Zuffa took over and was a sign that the company could be profitable.If I remember the timeline right, the TUF series 3 rivalry was what first took the large audience gained through the series a year earlier and turned it into monster buyrates, almost doubling Liddell-Couture III from six months earlier. (Hughes-Gracie, the previous PPV show which took place while TUF 3 was airing, also did very well). The disputed finish led to a free TV rematch which did spectacular numbers in the 18-34 demographic.

Cool, thanks :)
Very friendly people, the actual shop isnt that far from me, and have dealt with them on quite a few occassions.

Does anyone know the reasoning why Buff Bagwell was fired from WWF the day after he headlined raw?i had originally heard it was due to his match with Booker T on raw was the drizzling shits, but after viewing it, it wasnt THAT badand i also know he has a bad reputation with drugs but what was THE reason he was fired?thanx

Does anyone know the reasoning why Buff Bagwell was fired from WWF the day after he headlined raw?i had originally heard it was due to his match with Booker T on raw was the drizzling shits

He was fired about a week after that match.I think it was a combination of the fact he was shit in the match and had a bad attitude throughout that WWE spell. Also he had a backstage fight with Shane Helms at some point. Edited by dopper