The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

What was the date of the last 3 hour episode of WCW Nitro?

Can't find the exact date, though I know the decision to move to two hours was announced in January 2000 (and it may tell you something about the standing of the industry at that time that it was mentioned by Entertainment Weekly, who are hardly small fry). I'm guessing it would be the January 3rd show (the inanely fun Lethal Lottery tag tournament show), but can't be completely sure... Edited by The Mighty LC

What was the date of the last 3 hour episode of WCW Nitro?

Can't find the exact date, though I know the decision to move to two hours was announced in January 2000 (and it may tell you something about the standing of the industry at that time that it was mentioned by Entertainment Weekly, who are hardly small fry). I'm guessing it would be the January 3rd show (the inanely fun Lethal Lottery tag tournament show), but can't be completely sure...
Actually, it turns out the Jan 3rd 2000 show was also 2 hours, so it may have been the final show of 99 (which was 27/12) that was the final 3 hour show. You're answer is likely to be on here DDT Digest, which was THE website for all things WCW back in the day, and actually appears to have some new content on there for the first time in years. Will definitely be having a look through all the stuff on there when I get a spare few hours...