The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Guest Josh Jenkins

What are heralded as the best matches in ROH for 2006 and this year so far? I haven't watched any ROH since 2005.Are there any legal (or not) compilations going around of recent ROH?

For 2006, Do Fixer vs. Blood Generation from Supercard of Honor is a must. 5 stars and match of the year from Meltzer. Other gems are Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuiness from Unified, and Bryan Danielson vs. KENTA from Glory By Honor V Night 2.For 2007, I'd recommend The Briscoes vs. The Murder City Machineguns from Good Times, Great Memories. Also, Takeshi Morishima vs. Bryan Danielson from Manhattan Mayhem II is said to be one of the best match's in ROH history. Edited by Josh Jenkins

Little help...I'm looking for either a roster list or results that will give me a pretty good idea about who was working where in late 87 / early 88 for groups like AWA, Memphis, PNW and World Class.

What the hell, gives me an excuse to sack off work a little longer.From some December 87 Observers:World Organisation of Wresling (Pensacola indie): Ken Timbs, Pat Rose, Bob Holly (same guy), Rex Rogers, Pat Tanaka, Paul Diamond, Batten Twins, Jerry Stubbs, Davey Haskins, Big Bubba (not Bossman?), Bob Sweetan, Great Kokina (Yokozuna)
Was this not the man of many gimmicks Fred 'US Steel/Big Steel Man/Tugboat/Typhoon/Shockmaster/Super Shockmaster' Ottman?

• Paid Members

Either or both. There's no real answer. Japanese uses sounds rather than letters in its alphabet, so the word isn't designed to be written with our 26 letters. Both 'to' and 'toh' are attempts to represent the sound with our alphabet, though the actual o/oh sound is more like an extremely short version of 'aw'.

Was that not the time that Russo hired him because of an internet petition?

No. The internet petition got him his job back after he was fired the first time. I believe he was then sent to developmental in Memphis and lost a load of weight, though can't remember if he was ever bough back up to the main roster again.

It was probably because they JOB Squad gimmick was a big underground hit and Meanie knew how to take the 1-2-3 on the PPV. Bear in mind that Meanie was one of Snow's trainees and, strangely, was actually pretty well respected as a performer. I think it was Raven that said if Meanie lost 100lbs, he'd be one of the best in the business. Unfortunately, when he lost the weight he lost a lot of the gimmick's appeal and never found a way to transition into being a serious wrestler.It's just a shame they never brought Candido back. Apart from Al Snow, he was THE MAN in the JOB Squad.

Edited by Kenny McBride

Okay guys quick question but one that has been driving me nuts like a steering wheel in the pants!I'm a huge mark for Great Muta and am realy interested in following NJPW, AJPW and Hustle but haven't a scoobies as to where I can find any footage or buy DVDs. Any suggestions?

Okay guys quick question but one that has been driving me nuts like a steering wheel in the pants!I'm a huge mark for Great Muta and am realy interested in following NJPW, AJPW and Hustle but haven't a scoobies as to where I can find any footage or buy DVDs. Any suggestions?

Classifieds would be a good place to start.If no luck there go to www.crazymax.org, there are plenty of people there who can help you out.