The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Guest Josh Jenkins

What is currently going on with the brands in WWE? I turn on ECW to find John Cena, then there were people like Lance Cade on Smackdown. My mate told me they are using talent from other brands on shows but keeping the brands seperate, which doesn't make sense in my mind.

What is currently going on with the brands in WWE? I turn on ECW to find John Cena, then there were people like Lance Cade on Smackdown. My mate told me they are using talent from other brands on shows but keeping the brands seperate, which doesn't make sense in my mind.

There was a bit of a clusterfuck on the brands in the last 6 months or so. Wrestlers were turning up anywhere unannounced; Jeff Hardy, John Cena etc on Smackdown, Matt Hardy, Mr Kennedy, Lashley etc on RAW and so on. Basically your mate is right that IS what they were doing.....and it made a complete mockery of the recent draft lottery which really insulted the fan's intelligence. I got the feeling after the draft they were going to be more strict but of course Lance Cade, Carlito, and Cryme Tyme all appeared on this weeks Smackdown whilst, Cena took on Nitro on ECW. I believe though this was only a one shot deal (hopefully), a way for the WWE to give the fans a similar product but make it different so they can temporarily abandon a lot of current storylines. I think (fingers crossed) things should go back to the way they are from tomorrow night. However, I do now expect a high profie name to jump to ECW to replace Benoit. Finlay would have been perfect but I don't think Smackdown can lose anymore. Maybe move Carlito to Smackdown to offset the loss. It will be interesting to see how they explain any jump. Or they might just go with the overused 'contract expired' one. Edited by Finlay

Guest Josh Jenkins

Yeah I knew the brands have been screwed up for a while, but usually when a wrestler appears on a different brand there is an explanation for it (Lashley to feud with Vince, Matt Hardy to tag with Jeff), but there was simply no explanation for Cena to appear on ECW or Cryme Tyme, Carlito and Lance Cade to appear on Smackdown.

This may seem a little insensitive, but I am curious. I haven't watched WWE in a while, until I watched ECW this week and saw Nitro was the champ after beating Punk for the vacant strap. I remember reading that the match was originally supposed to feature Chris Benoit who obviously wasn't there so my question is, who was Benoit scheduled to be facing in that match? Was it going to be a three-way, or was he going one on one with Nitro or Punk?

The reason for the interbrand action this past week is due to the week being a tribute to the fans.

And the fact that none of the Raw brand wrestled on Monday, so the Tuesday tapings were just made interpromotional to keep everyone in the mix.

• Paid Members

Is there a way I can watch Beyond The Mat for free on the internets anywhere?

http://www.dailymotion.com/abbott1/video/x...-part-12_eventshttp://www.dailymotion.com/abbott1/video/x...-part-22_eventsYou have to register to see part 2 though, it's been flagged for explicit content. (As has The Rock vs. Shamrock (WM14) strangely!)

Are the NOAH episodes on TWC Fight! original japanese episodes that we just get later on, or are they specifically made for TWC like the ROH ones are?Also why don't they just show up to date NOAH episodes so that you could actually follow the promotion rather than just watching old matches?

Can anyone answer me a question about ring generalship please?I've had this discussion with Freaky quite a few times over the years but in the end we come down to opinion and speculation more than hard fact.How is it "decided" (if it is decided at all) who is the ring general? I've heard that a more senior or technical wrestler will be ring general but also heard that it's usually the heel.So if say Taker was to fight a heel HHH who would be ring general? (ie WM X7)Or say a heel Kurt Angle who was new in 2000 vs a senior but non-technical wrestler, say Big Show? (ie Backlash 2000)Would this rule be changed for say an Iron man match where a lot of different spots/mini stories have to go into a match? Will the duties ever be shared?

Edited by DarthKillYourself