The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

1) Why have they started showing a "From the Vault" match during Raw and Smackdown! on TV each week? Is it to cover censored bits, or are Raw and Smackdown! actually short programmes on their own now?

2) Why do Jay and Mark Briscoe carry Confederate flags and have the Stars n' Bars on their wrestling attire when they are from Delaware?

2) Why do Jay and Mark Briscoe carry Confederate flags and have the Stars n' Bars on their wrestling attire when they are from Delaware?

Delaware was never part of the confederacy, however, it was on the border of both the confederate states and the union states, and I beleive was still a slave holding state at the time too, and there were supporters of both sides in delaware and other states. So they either feel some connection to the confederacy, perhaps their anscestors were confederates, or they're doing it purely as a wrestling gimmick, to show that they are rebels.

• Paid Members

Was Sting ever offered a WWE contract?Biggie

I don't think they have ever made an official offer.I think they have had some brief talks in the past but it didn't get too far because the Born Again Stinger doesn't approve of what the WWE puts out - his continued absence from the WWE seems to be a rare example of a wrestler actually staying to true to his principles.
I wouldnt be so sure, I think it is primarily due to the schedule, WWE want guys to work full time, unless youve shown insane loyalty like Taker and HBK who can miss a few shows now and again. Sting doesnt want to/physically cant work full time. In his prime during the Monday night wars he was hanging around the rafters for 18 months, its been a long time since he has been on the road, wrestling four days a week. Plus TNA and WCW have done worse or equally immoral/offensive skits and gimmicks while Sting was employed there. I believe it is down to Sting not wanting to work full time.

• Paid Members

No, the skit was set in some inner city (presumably meant to beHalstead Street in Chicago). It involved a ghetto blaster, a big cauldron, some smoke and some dancing black men.

And it is one of the greatest 80's wrestling moments. I have it on video somewhere but cant remember where!
It can be found on one of the Hulk Who? volumes, produced by a certain Mr Lister, probably around 10 years ago!
And here you go:One Man Gang transforms

I don't think they have ever made an official offer.I think they have had some brief talks in the past but it didn't get too far because the Born Again Stinger doesn't approve of what the WWE puts out - his continued absence from the WWE seems to be a rare example of a wrestler actually staying to true to his principles.
I wouldnt be so sure, I think it is primarily due to the schedule, WWE want guys to work full time, unless youve shown insane loyalty like Taker and HBK who can miss a few shows now and again. Sting doesnt want to/physically cant work full time. In his prime during the Monday night wars he was hanging around the rafters for 18 months, its been a long time since he has been on the road, wrestling four days a week. Plus TNA and WCW have done worse or equally immoral/offensive skits and gimmicks while Sting was employed there. I believe it is down to Sting not wanting to work full time.
As I typed that, fairly standard, answer I was racking my brains re TNA to see if it shot any holes in they theory (I was fairly sure it did) but decided to ignore it because I just wanted to believe - Damn you for shattering my last illusion. :angry:

The main heavy metal song was "Ladies and Gentlemen" by Saliva.Why is Bobby Lashley's running powerslam called the Dominator and why does he not use the real Dominator? Did he have to pay Ron Simmons royalties or something? :rolleyes:

Also in Lance Storm's latest Q&A he says that he suggested Lashley use the running powerslam as a finisher when he was working with him in OVW because of the damage the actual dominator does to the knees.
How does it do damage to the knee's? Is that why Ron Simmons stopped using it!

The main heavy metal song was "Ladies and Gentlemen" by Saliva.Why is Bobby Lashley's running powerslam called the Dominator and why does he not use the real Dominator? Did he have to pay Ron Simmons royalties or something? :rolleyes:

Also in Lance Storm's latest Q&A he says that he suggested Lashley use the running powerslam as a finisher when he was working with him in OVW because of the damage the actual dominator does to the knees.
It does damage to the victim's knees.

It does damage to the victim's knees.
It does damage to MY knees - they knock together involuntarily every time he does his lame ass version of it (the same applies for every move he does - God I'm crippled!).

Watching some old ecw tapes however this guy who was leading shane douglas to the ring is the spitting image of the late al wilson.

is it him?

Might have been the way he looked on tv

vlcsnap-390087.jpg

alwilson.jpg

Edited by buba3d

1) Why have they started showing a "From the Vault" match during Raw and Smackdown! on TV each week? Is it to cover censored bits, or are Raw and Smackdown! actually short programmes on their own now?

The show is short I think, I've only noticed it during SmackDown! (when I see Raw it's usually the live show if anything) but SmackDown! tends to run two hours including the From the Vault match (which from the shows I've seen is usually something pretty decent).

Watching some old ecw tapes however this guy who was leading shane douglas to the ring is the spitting image of the late al wilson.is it him?

No. He would be one of the regular security staff employed by ECW.

• Paid Members

As I typed that, fairly standard, answer I was racking my brains re TNA to see if it shot any holes in they theory (I was fairly sure it did) but decided to ignore it because I just wanted to believe - Damn you for shattering my last illusion. :angry:
I think I remember reading that he was close to leaving WCW in 1994, but they got Hogan, and he stayed obviously.

• Paid Members

The show is short I think, I've only noticed it during SmackDown! (when I see Raw it's usually the live show if anything) but SmackDown! tends to run two hours including the From the Vault match (which from the shows I've seen is usually something pretty decent).

According to Smackdown's NFO file on PWTorrents. This weeks Smackdown lasts for..PLAY TIME........: 85 Mins (Approx) I believe its supposed to be a two hour show. So its miles short of two hours. Edited by bAzTNM