The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I would like some help on MMA terminology, particually on the ground. Whats someones guard? And what does side control mean exactly?

The guard is where the guy on the bottom has his legs wrapped around the torso of his opponent (ie above the waist). This gives him more control and makes it harded for the guy on top to throw down punches without being choked/put in an armlock:mmachrisdan144.jpgThe contrast is the mount, where the guy on top has his legs apart and is pinning down his opponent from the waist and below. This makes it much easier to thrown down punches:MMA%20(Small).jpgSide control is where the guy on top is laying at 90 degrees to his opponent, giving him the ability to pin him down, work on punches to the head, and keep his opponent's legs at bay:SideMount%20(Small).jpg

• Paid Members

Just wondering if RQW's J.P Monroe has wrestled under a different name?

I don't think so, He's been using J.P. since I met him in Hammerlock 5 years ago, and I think he was still reasonably new back then. What Ive been wondering is did he actualy get his name from Hellraiser III?

• Paid Members

When did chucking your opponent over the top rope stop being a disqualifiable offence in WCW?Are there any promotions that still enforce this rule?

I think OVW were doing it when Cornette was in charge, but it magically disappeared during the Heyman booking...