The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Quick one for the puro fans.I remember watching a music video a while back featuring a clip of Kobashi from the AJPW days, I think hes facing Stan Hansen. Kobashi is sitting on the top rope facing outwards and Hanson is on the apron. The 2 are stiffing the shit out of each other when Kobashi grabs Stans head and bashes it against his knee a cople of times before Hansen gets pissed and CRACKS Kobashi with a killer blow sending him flying back into the ring. Coming at a time when i was unfamiliar with the stiffer Japaneese style it left a huge impression.Im looking to track down that match but ned to know what date it occred and that it was Stan Hansen delivering that killer blow! On a certain site there is a match "Kenta Kobashi vs. Stan Hansen (4/4/1990)" available, is this the one?

Is Billy Gunn in the hot chocolate drink 'options' advert or is it just someone who looks incredibly like him :confused:

Theres been 2 threads about it, and yeah, it is him.
Well at least i didnt make a third eh. Cheers. Edited by hbk4life

Quick one for the puro fans.I remember watching a music video a while back featuring a clip of Kobashi from the AJPW days, I think hes facing Stan Hansen. Kobashi is sitting on the top rope facing outwards and Hanson is on the apron. The 2 are stiffing the shit out of each other when Kobashi grabs Stans head and bashes it against his knee a cople of times before Hansen gets pissed and CRACKS Kobashi with a killer blow sending him flying back into the ring. Coming at a time when i was unfamiliar with the stiffer Japaneese style it left a huge impression.Im looking to track down that match but ned to know what date it occred and that it was Stan Hansen delivering that killer blow! On a certain site there is a match "Kenta Kobashi vs. Stan Hansen (4/4/1990)" available, is this the one?

Im 90% sure its from 7/31/93.Edit: This match is on the Komplete Kobashi compilation. 8 tapes of Kobashi, from the start of his carrer to some of his early NOAH work. An awesome compilation and highly recommended. Edited by Dai

• Paid Members

Was Nick Patrick's obviously legitimate three count at Starrcade 97 a fuck up on his part where he was supposed to count fast or just another stupid WCW idea?

Legend states that Patrick made a mistake and counted normally instead of slow.

Was Nick Patrick's obviously legitimate three count at Starrcade 97 a fuck up on his part where he was supposed to count fast or just another stupid WCW idea?

He was supposed to count fast, which would have made sense with what happened next, Bret Hart coming in and restarting the match because he didn't want to see another guy get screwed by a referee. But he didn't, so the whole thing made no sense. Why he din't isn't something I could tell you for certain, he may have just fucked up on the night, or, as the conspiracey theory goes, was persuaded/payed off by Hogan not too so he came out of the match looking much better than Sting.

2 out of 3 falls...Did the WWF ever make a straight rule on 2 out of 3 falls matches? Because I've been watching the Best of SNME, the Bulldogs beat Heart Foundations(champs) with a pinfall then a DQ, they said the both falls need to be pinfall/submission for titles. Then later on Brainbusters beat Demotion with 1 pinfall to Demolition and one DQ and pinfall to Brainbusters. Did they ever agree on a format for this or was it just as it suited the storylines/matches?

When did chucking your opponent over the top rope stop being a disqualifiable offence in WCW?Are there any promotions that still enforce this rule?

• Paid Members

When did chucking your opponent over the top rope stop being a disqualifiable offence in WCW?Are there any promotions that still enforce this rule?

I think the rule changed after the NWA split apart from WCW. 1993 or 1994 brah.

That's what I thought, but I'm sure they were still doing it at least as late as 1996. Edited by gwailofilms

That's what I thought, but I'm sure they were still doing it at least as late as 1996.
They were kinda. On some '96 matches on commentary they mention the rule.