The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Is H/W title match tonight a unification match?

Not that we know of. A title will be on the line but the stip doesn't dictate that any of them will be unified.

When did the first triple threat match take place on US Soil? And also the first fatal 4 way in the USA...

Just for a bit of extra trivia, the first WWF triple threat contest was in February 1997 in Toronto, and featured WWF Champion Shawn Michaels, Sid and Bret Hart.Michaels won by pinning Bret. Edited by freaky_jason

First Triple Threat match was from ECW's 'The Night The Line Was Crossed', February 5th 1994, Terry Funk Vs. Sabu Vs. Shane Douglas. Match went to a 60 minute time limit draw.

I believe this was not the first 3 way match in the US. Didn't Smokey Mountain invent the format before it became popular and better known in ECW?

A quick search on Google throws up a The Freebirds Vs. The Assassins Vs. Mr. Wrestling I and Mr. Wrestling II match that took place in Georgia Championship Wrestling, which would pre-date ECW and Smokey Mountain. I have no idea about a date for the match though or if indeed it did take place.