The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

I'd say the 1990's was the best period for WCW.

The 1990s was the only period for WCW. ;)Seriously though, get everything you can from Halloween Havoc '91 through to Superbrawl III. That's the entire Dangerous Alliance run (lots of good stuff from Austin, Rude, Arn and Bobby, Steiners, Sting, Windham, Rhodes, Steamboat, Pillman and more) plus the joint winner of "Best WCW Show Ever" (with Starrcade '90).

• Paid Members

I'd say the 1990's was the best period for WCW.

The 1990s was the only period for WCW. ;)Seriously though, get everything you can from Halloween Havoc '91 through to Superbrawl III. That's the entire Dangerous Alliance run (lots of good stuff from Austin, Rude, Arn and Bobby, Steiners, Sting, Windham, Rhodes, Steamboat, Pillman and more) plus the joint winner of "Best WCW Show Ever" (with Starrcade '90).
All of which were freely available in the UK. Hook up with Ebay.

What's an urinage?I'd recommend picking up some Nitro DVDs if you can, they usually put more effort into that than the PPVs. Some good PPV events are Fall Brawl '97 & Spring Stampede 99. Best period probably 97-98. If you're interested in the wacky Russo 2000 version, there's a great "Death of WCW" set of video files which I downloaded, they will be floating around the net somewhere.

Hello everyone. I never saw any WCW (not even any clips) and was wondering if anyone could tell me what there best period was and where to buy tapes of the era?

It's just my opinion, but Superbrawl III is the best PPV that WCW ever promoted. I know Superbrawl III has already been mentioned in this thread, but I cannot emphasise enough how great a PPV it was.Starrcade '89 was also a very good event, perhaps my second favourite WCW PPV ever.

Hello everyone. I never saw any WCW (not even any clips) and was wondering if anyone could tell me what there best period was and where to buy tapes of the era?

Definitely Bash at the Beach 1996, Starrcade 1997, Starrcade 1998, Spring Stampede 1999, Starrcade 1999, and Mayhem 2000.

What's an urinage

It's a type of suplex. It's what the Rock Bottom/Book End are, except they've been personalised a bit.
They called the Rock Bottom a urinage, but can someone confirm whether that is the actual move a urinage is? Isnt the urinage meant to be the spinning version of the Rock Botton. Takeshi Morishima has added the move to his repitoire in the last year, and his version has the spin. Hiroshi Hase also made it famous, did he not? And his version (the original?) had the spinning element, too.

Which WWF PPVs were not shown live or not shown at all in the UK?

WWF Survivor Series 1996 and WWF Royal Rumble 1997 were not shown live, however they were shown a few days later.
What was the reason for that? Also, would I be right in saying that the first few In Your House events weren't shown here?

They called the Rock Bottom a urinage, but can someone confirm whether that is the actual move a urinage is? Isnt the urinage meant to be the spinning version of the Rock Botton. Takeshi Morishima has added the move to his repitoire in the last year, and his version has the spin. Hiroshi Hase also made it famous, did he not? And his version (the original?) had the spinning element, too.

I do beleive the urinage does have a about half turn involved in it. Rock and Booker changed it slightly, Rock just did it falling forward, and Booker does it falling to his knees. I remember someone doing a sit out version of it to. I don't know who invented it by I've seen it done like that in older matches and in the 64 wrestling games.

Guest Ray Vonne

Can someone please list the known dates for the NOAH tag team that are coming over in July and August?

• Paid Members

Also, would I be right in saying that the first few In Your House events weren't shown here?

Yes, you would be right. In Your House events weren't shown on Sky until some time in 1997. I believe the first was In Your House 14, "Revenge Of The Taker" in April of that year.