The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Yes, I think so.  I'm pretty sure it was in Mexico (for AAA) while he was an associate of Los Gringos Locos.  He may well have lost it to Konnan.  I'd guess mid-1994-ish.

Was it not in a cage match loss to Konnan in Los Angeles, for AAA...?
I think their first match was Steel Cage, the 2nd a 3 falls Hair V Hair (regular) match. I remember Jake being asked if losing his hair was a big deal, but he said when he's paid that much, he'll do practically anything. Konnan(big face) was in a retirement match with someone, Jake jumped out the crowd, DDT'd him to lose the match. Then months later the fued kicked in.An on-topc question: I remember reading in the mid-90s how Konnan was a huge star in Mexico, appearing on soap operas etc etc. I never hear of him returning to do any shows. Is he still a big name over there? Edited by shinyahashimoto

Am i right in assuming that The Undertaker has never won a Rumble match....

Rumble 99- appears in a non-wrestling capacity
What did he do at that particular Royal Rumble event? I can't recall it.
I think that he was part of the posse that beat up Steve Austin when he was out of the ring during the rumble match, In the toilets.

Am i right in assuming that The Undertaker has never won a Rumble match....

Rumble 99- appears in a non-wrestling capacity
What did he do at that particular Royal Rumble event? I can't recall it.
I think that he was part of the posse that beat up Steve Austin when he was out of the ring during the rumble match, In the toilets.
Nope that was just the Corporate Team. The Undrtaker had promised a sacrafice at the Royal Rumble that year, and Viscera (or Mabel as he still was then) was the target.

Konnan(big face) was in a retirement match with someone, Jake jumped out the crowd, DDT'd him to lose the match. Then months later the fued kicked in.

That was with chief rudo Cien Caras, head of Los Hermanos Dynamites, in-front of something ridiculous like 48,000 fans. Jake came out of the crowd, beat the hell out of Mascarita Sagrada (a mini/midget wrestler), causing Konan to run around the ring after him. I'm not totally convinced he actually DDT'd Konan, more like he just made sure he couldn't get back to the ring (I think he chased Jake down the fairly long aisle, and then couldn't beat the ten count). True to any stip like this, Konan was re-instated within a couple of months. I think he did 2 singles matches with Jake, including the aforementioned cage match.See, I used to know a thing or two about Mexican wrestling once upon a time...

Konnan(big face) was in a retirement match with someone, Jake jumped out the crowd, DDT'd him to lose the match.  Then months later the fued kicked in.

That was with chief rudo Cien Caras, head of Los Hermanos Dynamites, in-front of something ridiculous like 48,000 fans. Jake came out of the crowd, beat the hell out of Mascarita Sagrada (a mini/midget wrestler), causing Konan to run around the ring after him. I'm not totally convinced he actually DDT'd Konan, more like he just made sure he couldn't get back to the ring (I think he chased Jake down the fairly long aisle, and then couldn't beat the ten count). True to any stip like this, Konan was re-instated within a couple of months. I think he did 2 singles matches with Jake, including the aforementioned cage match.See, I used to know a thing or two about Mexican wrestling once upon a time...
OK, a quick look at Barnett's site reminds me of a few occasions...5/93 - May have been the first meeting, where Jake teamed with Art Barr and Eddy Guererro (and was seconded by DDP) against Konan, Blue Panther and Perro Aguayo (with, somewhat bizarrely, Cien Caras) at the LA Sports Arena. I believe this was the first AAA show in LA...or at least, at the Sports Arena.8/93 - Jake v Konan v Caras, also at LA Sports Arena. IIRC, most of the match is a 2-on-1, with Caras on the verge of helping his hated enemy Konan on a number of occasions, only to let him down at the last minute. From what I remember, the psychology in this is awesome.11/93 - A rematch of the first trios match at LA, featuring a Blue Panther heel turn. I'm not sure I ever saw this one, but certainly wouldn't rule the possibility out.2/7/94 - The Cage match, held in LA, which wasn't, as I'd remembered, the hair match. But did feature the aforementioned Mascarita Sagrada doing a dive off the top of the cage (and AAA cages were pretty darn big).9/7/94- Triplemania. Triplemania being the AAA equivilant of, yes you've guessed it, Wrestlemania, which was done in two parts for 1994. No real idea why, but the second show does feature a swank 8-man match, featuring La Parka, Psiscosis, Blue Panther, Eddy Guerrero v. Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Tiger Mask 3 (Kanemoto), Santo, Octagon, which is possibly one of the most awesome line-ups for one match ever. I'm a bit confused here, but it seems the first night main evented with Konan, Aguayo and Caras against Roberts, Art Barr and Miguel Perez jnr. I remember seeing this match, but very little of it can I recall. The second night was the hair match, which seems to be a regular 2/3 falls match. Jake was in fact shaved completely bald, which may have ballsed up plans SMW had for him, the other promotion he was worked regularly.I'd always assumed that was Jake's final appearance for AAA, but it seems he may have fought Konan again in 1995. Unless I'm confused, which this thread proves I can be. There was loads of great stuff in this feud, particularly considering how physically limited both main guys were. But I suppose if you've got Los Gringos Loco alongside you, it's all going to be good. If I ever manage to find all my 1994 AAA stuff (from Galavision, which used to be on the Astra satellite) I'll definetly watch all this again...

• Paid Members

Jake was in fact shaved completely bald, which may have ballsed up plans SMW had for him, the other promotion he was worked regularly.

Actually, Cornette covered it really, really well. Jake was feuding with Tony Anthony and did a promo, bald, saying he'd shaved his head so he would know what it felt like to be Anthony (who was balding), to get inside his head.

A question i really should already know, but how far behind is ROH on TWC ?

Just to add to this, when is the first showing of each ROH show on TWC? Like, TNA iMPACT! gets showing for the first time on Saturday @ 9pm. What about ROH's shows?

A question i really should already know, but how far behind is ROH on TWC ?

Just to add to this, when is the first showing of each ROH show on TWC? Like, TNA iMPACT! gets showing for the first time on Saturday @ 9pm. What about ROH's shows?
I believe the first showing of ROH is a 2 hour show @9pm on Tuesdays

There's a repeat at 2am this morning...4pm Friday afternoonand12 noon Saturday.The show features matches from New Frontiers, which was a show ROH held in June 2005. About 6 1/2 months behind real time and about 4 1/2 months behind ROH DVD release time.

There's a repeat at 2am this morning...4pm Friday afternoonand12 noon Saturday.The show features matches from New Frontiers, which was a show ROH held in June 2005. About 6 1/2 months behind real time and about 4 1/2 months behind ROH DVD release time.

I usually watch ROH, but never take notice of which event it is on TWC, but do they just take matches from different shows and put them on a single show on TWC?