The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Cheers for that ELsupremo. :thumbsup: Adding to my original question about tweeners, are characters like Stone Cold considered to be of that role? Afterall, he was a heel that received babyface reactions...

No. Austin was a heel until the Bret Hart match. He got a lot of cheers, which was why they turned him (and Hart, come to that). Getting cheers as a heel doesn't make you a tweener. Getting booed as a babyface doesn't make you one either.Tweeners are almost always created deliberately, as a tweener is someone who fights both heels and babyfaces, and doesn't side with either.

Tweeners are almost always created deliberately, as a tweener is someone who fights both heels and babyfaces, and doesn't side with either.

Oh, I always thought a tweener was someone who's sort of inbetween heel and face roles; e.g. when Sting was with Luger...Anyway, cheers for that. :thumbsup: Edited by Van_Dammer

Tweeners are almost always created deliberately, as a tweener is someone who fights both heels and babyfaces, and doesn't side with either.

Oh, I always thought a tweener was someone who's sort of inbetween heel and face roles; e.g. when Sting was with Luger...Anyway, cheers for that. :thumbsup:
Well, now you mention it, Luger was kind of a tweener just after he returned to WCW. He was buddies with Sting, the uber-babyface, but he was managed by Jimmy Hart and doing a whole lot of cheating behind Sting's back. I'd say he was more a heel than a tweener though. He was a bad guy, and Sting's friends were all trying to convince him of that the whole time, but Sting had faith in him, and even allowing for professional differences, he still wanted to stand up for his mate.That was a great angle. Best thing Luger ever did.

• Paid Members

How did SCSA smoking skull belt come about. What was the storyline about it?

Austin was champ, Vinnie took the title off him and gave it to Rock, he came out with the smoking skull belt and there you have the biggest feud wrestling has ever seen.*(IIRC and IMO)
Nope. The smoking skull belt just appeared out of thin air and wasn't even mentioned by the commentators for a couple of months. Austin just had a new belt and nobody but the fans seemed to notice.

Was looking through one of my Powerslam issues the other day, one with the annual readers awards..My question relates to Kevin Nash, some people hate the guy and some people think he has the occasional good match..how then did he manage to be awarded Wrestler of the Year in the 1994 Powerslam readers awards??

Was looking through one of my Powerslam issues the other day, one with the annual readers awards..My question relates to Kevin Nash, some people hate the guy and some people think he has the occasional good match..how then did he manage to be awarded Wrestler of the Year in the 1994 Powerslam readers awards??

Good one. He was booked very strongly all year, and his matches with Razor Ramon weren't that bad. Still, it certainly proves, once again, that democracy simply doesn't work. Oh, and it was a different era, etc...

Good one. He was booked very strongly all year, and his matches with Razor Ramon weren't that bad. Still, it certainly proves, once again, that democracy simply doesn't work. Oh, and it was a different era, etc...
I assume at that time powerslam was kayfabed, so i assume with him being a hot heel at the time, people will have voted for him.

I assume at that time powerslam was kayfabed, so i assume with him being a hot heel at the time, people will have voted for him.
Powerslam was kayfabed, though certainly less so that the Apter mags and WWF magazine. My first thought on this was that Diesel was quite popular towards the end of the year, and IIRC the PS awards usually ballotted right up until the end of the year (unlike PWI, who's closing date was usually just after Halloween Havoc, historically cutting off Survivor Series and Starrcade in match of the year honours). He was never, though, a hot heel, and was receiving a few reactions something like the Austin stuff talked about above. Still, and this goes to the original poster, are you totally sure that Diesel won wrestler of the year in 94? He didn't have the greatest year, while Bret Hart was champion a lot of the time (though, and revionist history would argue with this, a lot of people were down on Hart around this time, because his matches were the same old thing most of the time- five move wonder- though he assembled cracking contests during this year with 123 Kid, Owen Hart and Bob Backlund among others)...

Still, and this goes to the original poster, are you totally sure that Diesel won wrestler of the year in 94?  He didn't have the greatest year, while Bret Hart was champion a lot of the time (though, and revionist history would argue with this, a lot of people were down on Hart around this time, because his matches were the same old thing most of the time- five move wonder- though he assembled cracking contests during this year with 123 Kid, Owen Hart and Bob Backlund among others)...

If it was kayfabed, in '93 he debuted and done practically nothing. By December '94, he'd won the IC Title, Tag Title and World Heavyweight Title during one calendar year. Edited by shinyahashimoto

Why is Raw split into two halves; 'Raw' and 'The RawZone'?Speaking of which, why did Sky Sports only begin to air Raw live this year? I love the fact that we can watch it live, but I can't imagine how much more it'd cost them and it doesn't seem very logical whilst wrestlings popularity is relatively low...

Edited by Van_Dammer

Can anybody with the Eve of Destruction tape tell me what the orchestral track that plays over the first section of the Hardy svs. Edge & Christian Ladder match is?The WWF/E use(d) it a lot for build-up videos and I've also heard it on a load of movie trailers. I've been after it for years, but have no idea what it's called. Thanks.

Just watching Hogan Know Best and Brian Knobbs has been using a walking stick. Anyone any idea if it is due to a permanent unjury, or just healing his leg at the time?Also is Mike Awesome related to Hulk hogan and if so how?

Edited by bwo

• Paid Members

Why is Raw split into two halves; 'Raw' and 'The RawZone'?

Simply so WWE can boast two of the highest rated shows on cable rather than one.I do seem to recall a time when they actually ran a second set of titles for the then "War Zone", making it even more of a 'seperate' show.