Wrestlemania XX UKFF Guide

brett

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just getting ready now. All packed. Unfournatly due to Britains glorious train system im having to leave the night before and sleep in Manchester Airport tonight but its all good.

That sounds fairly horrific! I slept the night in Dallas-Fort-Worth airport the night of the Raw after WrestleMania X7. I can comfortably say it was one of the worst nights of my life. I decided that myself and my mate didnt need to spend money on a hotel room - how I rued that one!The security warning not to leave bags unattended went off every five minutes, and the cold cold floor was very unforgiving. I was so sodomised in fact that when I got back to my motel room the following morning (after a 6am flight back to Houston) I went to bed and didn't wake up again until 6 in the evening!Flight out on Friday at 11AM to New York, I cant f'n wait! Edited by guts316

Just heard a little rumour that in USA you are not allowed to lock your cases.this is so that they can inspecxt the contents should they deem it necesarry.I personally think this really sucks, and im not happy about it.anyone could put somehting in, or take somehting out!!!! F***ing Terrorists! :angry: Just thought id warn you, be careful if you pack any valubles!

• Paid Members

NEVER put anything really really valuable in your suit case. Especially things like cameras and money! It's disturbing the number of suit cases that get lost every year. :(

Edited by AJ~

With just hours to go in my last working day before I make the trip across the pond, Im feeling in a reflective mood about what the next days have in store for me.As children we all had dreams and aspirations, most of these revolve around becoming astronauts or firemen or playing Football for our country. Few of us are ever lucky enough to realise that childhood ambition.As I kid I had those some dreams, I was going to play up-front for Fulham and fire them into the old First division while winning the World cup for England at the same time. Another dream of mine at the time seemed just as ludicrous - to go to WrestleMania.Watching wrestling with my gran on a Saturday afternoon is one of my earliest memories, I dont know what attracted me to it but my Mum & Dad always said it was one of the few things that kept my attention for any length of time. In 1990 my parents finally took the plunge and had Sky installed and from that point I was completely hooked on the WWF. It was always just a dream to attend an event, any event - whether that be a UK Rampage event or a house show, I just wanted to see these larger than life heroes in the flesh. I was lucky enough to attend SummerSlam 92 at Wembley, but I never thought for one second I'd ever acheive the ulitmate dream - to see a WrestleMania live and in person.While watching the 2000 edition of the showcase of the immortals there was an advert for the following years extravaganza and I flippantly said to my mates 'I'll be there next year' without really ever thinking I could be. 2000 was a difficult year for me, I left the relative happiness of school and sixth form college to go out to work in, what at the time, was an awful job while most of my mates lived it up at University. I also had to deal with my Dad going through and eventually surviving a life threatening operation. After him coming though that I decided it was high time for me to start enjoying life again, and I set myself a goal - that goal being attending WrestleMania in Houston and I set about making enquiries. In November 2000 I was lucky enough to get tickets for myself and a mate and the journey Ive been on ever since began. The first trip was just simply amazing, everything was brand new and it was just phenomonal - so good in fact that we decided to do it all over again in Toronto the following year and again in Seattle the following year. All 3 holidays have just been absolutly amazing, the time of my life bar none.I never would have dreamed back in 1991 that in 2004 I would be preparing myself for my fourth WrestleMania, and not just any Mania, WrestleMania XX in Madison Square Garden. This is the absolute pinnacle for every Wrestling fan, it just doesn't get any bigger or better than this.Since 2000 when I first decided to go Ive worked hard and made sacrifices to go on these trips and Ive spent thousands of pounds following the dream. Every flight from city to city, every new hotel room, every penny spent, every sacrifice made, its all been worth it and if I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. WrestleMania XX - Where it all begins......again.

Yeah Lokmad, am in NY now. Am sure we'll be out for a few pints later if you wanna meet up. Ditto for anyone else already here. Am off for a wander now then gonna go meet Flair & Trips, but will check back later if anyone fancys drinks.Nice day today.... :)

From NYC; the travel packer's hotel is literally a block from the old WWF New York place; which is a handy reference :)My room had been upgraded (first I'd heard of it) - and I'll post the pics when I get back so the other packers can get envious.Gonna keep this short (as I've not read the other posts) - the HHH/Flair signing sold out on Monday, but the Toys R Us store is disappointing. Only half a dozen crappy looking t-shirts, and a load of figures.I'll be trying to get to the press conference tomorrow...and definitely the ESPN Zone meet up for SmackDown. It can't go any worse than tonight at Coyote Ugly, where I left after an hour being bored witless having the p*ss taken out for not drinking... (underage - and they let me in... weird)Can't believe the Lesnar story at all. Everyone at Mania should chant "Quitter Boy" a la the restaurant owner in the Simpsons :)Til next time, from the easyInternet cafe opposite my 10th floor room at the Westin :p