Lock Up Your Sons - Channel 4 tonight 10.40pm

Guest Asylum

just wonderin if u guys do backyardwrestling coz i do,weve had flammin tables, barbed wire, nun chuck, singapore canes,tables and we now have a proper ring total destruction wrestling visit for ure self

You won't have a proper ring when my boot goes up it.Go away and stop embarrassing us.
ill shove my boot so far down ure throat ull be tryin to crap it 4 a week
After I bite you off at the knee, boy. Still the world could do with a one legged wrestler..........oh no your too late. You sad sacks can't do anything right. :cool:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Christ. I have one question.WHO THE HELL ARE ANY OF YOU?These so called big backyard feds, what a pile of shit. I seriously doubt that 99% of just this BOARD knows who...lmao, I can't even remember the names of the federations featured, who they are. And the kids going around thinking themselves as "backyard legends," what a crock of shit. Ugh. There was a guy called Phallus...does he even know what the word means?The parents of that girl can't give a shit about her. She's not smoking or drinking, but it's alright for her to have glass sliced accross her face in front of a crowd of...what, 2 10 year old kids from the council flat accross the street? Um...okay.That programme was SAD. The fact that it wasn't even showing it in a particularly bad light is even worse.

So, that was that.It's just finished and I still have no idea what to make of it. Pretty shocked that there was no 'moralistic tone' added to the end of the show. Actually, in a way, I'm glad they didn't wheel out any so-called experts with their psycho-babble about the real reasons why kids do it.For me, I can see why they do it and I can see the appeal. Personally, I think it's stupid and I wouldn't want to be involved in anything like that.And some of those scenes, when Joanne went to see that lad celebrating his 16th birthday, and they were sitting in his living room playing with his wrestling figures in a ring.... LOL :laugh: I was thinking GET A LIFE! SNOG EACH OTHER OR DO SOMETHING! It was funny, but pretty sad at the same time. At times I had an overwhelming feeling that these people should get a life. But overall, I believe in live-and-let-live, and if they want to act like that, then fair play to them. They're not shooting up, or wrecking town centres, or robbing grannies. There are worse things that they could be doing with their time.

These so called big backyard feds, what a pile of shit. I seriously doubt that 99% of just this BOARD knows who...lmao, I can't even remember the names of the federations featured, who they are. And the kids going around thinking themselves as "backyard legends," what a crock of shit. Ugh. There was a guy called Phallus...does he even know what the word means?The parents of that girl can't give a shit about her. She's not smoking or drinking, but it's alright for her to have glass sliced accross her face in front of a crowd of...what, 2 10 year old kids from the council flat accross the street? Um...okay.That programme was SAD. The fact that it wasn't even showing it in a particularly bad light is even worse.

I aggree mate, I'm not a fan of backyard wrestling at all, and some of the stuff those kids were coming out with made me laugh, all the mentions of calling it a sport etc; :laugh:

I agree, there needs to be a follow up documentary on legitimate wrestling because this programme put pro-wrestling in a really bad light.What I don't get is that these kids are quite happy to smash light tubes on each others heads and go through un-gimmicked tables but also put a mattress on the ground so they don't hurt themselves. :confused: I also found it dissappointing that the wrestling school allowed these two untrained backyarders to do a match and let it be filmed for television with people at the school applauding, that was really irresponsible.Yeah the trainer was criticising them on the way they were landing unsafely afterwards but it wasn't an enduring image like the match and the accompanying applause they got for it.

Thats the biggest load of Bullshit ive ever seen. Do these "legends" realise they're fucking up Wrestling in this country. As other people have said, theres probably NO chance of a company other than WWE of getting a TV deal now, which is a shame. Backyarders are to Wrestling what Holigans are to Football, a bloody pain!

• Moderators

There are far too many hilarious things to comment on.I was disturbed by the "federation" that had a roster of two, it looked like an excuse for experiments in sado-sexuality, but now that the frumpy ginger girl is going to wrestling school, will the fat boy she hits with light tubes have to resort to sitting alone in his room and hitting his winkie with a stop sign? When they were sitting on the floor and playing with the wrestling figures, you could have cut the sexual tension with a pizza cutter.Awesome how these little cock-ends turn into squealing babies the moment something goes wrong, there was a brief but delightful half second of legitimate hysterical crying coming from the back of the car during the segment where the kid was being driven to hospital. Funny how he claimed to proudly tell anyone who listened that he was "a wrestler" yet had to make up a story in the emergency room.The most cringe making moments though, were the cod-american accents adopted by everyone participating in the child-like chaos. Let nobody ever knock Vicky from Eastenders ever again.As far as people saying this topic should be locked, or bitching that the program was even shown, I hardly think it was good publicity for the little fuckers. They may all be excited by it now, but in a few years they?ll all be hideously embarrassed by their involvement. The saying about giving someone enough rope is extremely applicable here. I think there was more than enough distance between them and the legit British scene to do any harm, it was hardly on a par with Faking It.Tremend television, tremend.

Edited by Drazic, The #1 Sickboy

• Paid Members

Pretty shocked that there was no 'moralistic tone' added to the end of the show.

That was surprising. The end speech by Burch about how BYW has a great community and how it's amazing that nationwide events can be organised by 16 year olds does make some sense. The only thing in the whole programme that was remotely "don't try this at homish" was it mentioning that BYWers are seeking pro training, but as a whole it still promoted BYW - particularly the hardcore stuff (comments about how NLW had to resort to the "Cage of Death" to get acceptance, and how the injuries "only hurt for a minute") - as a good thing.

I can't believe I wasted a f*ckin video tape on that!Heres what I found posted on a forum : "BRITISH TELEVISION DOCUMENTARYHello...I got your email address off of the internet - I am a researcher for Channel 4 television in the UK and we are making a documentary about Backyard fighting/wrestling. I am keen to find some people who can shed some light on this pastime as well as provide some exciting viewing...I would be grateful if you could email me on eddie_stardust@hotmail.com leaving me your contact details and either the director or myself will get in touch with you immediately. I look forward to hearing from you.Highest,Ed Stafford------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------All information in this email is confidential and intended for the recipient(s) only. If you have received this in error please send it back with a reference to that effect. All ideas, concepts and other Intellectual Property remains the sole property of Mark Soldinger and cannot be used or passed on without written consent from Mark Soldinger. All production rights for any ideas/concepts outlined above remain the sole property of Mark Soldinger; any unauthorised use of such information will result in legal action. "What a bloody joke!Slickster :cool:

What A load of shit backyard wrestling is for Fat,Sad Bullied kids.Funny when that four eyed geek said there were 8 people in his fed and really it was only him and that girl :omg: That guy from portsmouth for Heavens sake please use clearasil :crazy: His Sister wernt bad though :love: This documentry was gonna make wrestling look bad either way.

Not a bad programme to be honest but it still made wrestling look quite bad IMO. I have to agree that the funniest part was that bloke and girl playing with there wrestling figures.Just a quick question was that Alex Shane in the wrestling school scenes

Edited by Big_Will

Well, the show has just finished, and i am still cringing.My opinion on backyarders has not changed - they are a discrace to professional wrestling and an embarrassment. Why channel 4 would want to in essense promote this is beyond me - it was very disturbing.Dropkixx did not come off that badly - which is a good thing. However it seemed to me that as a wrestling school - these two backyarders should not have been put in a ring until they had shown that they can bump adequately and that they know what they are doing. The stuff that we saw them perform was very very poor. Their bumping was wrong and whilst this was acknowledged, it seemed that they were being given an oppourtunity that should be earned. When training to be a pro, you should not be allowed in a ring until you have learned how to execute a simple bump, the moves that the two backyarders performed were highly dangerous and their bumping was very bad and performed wrong. This to me shows dropkixx in a bad light. If backyard wrestling is promoted on the internet then I would like to be the first person to DE PROMOTE backyard wrestling - and why not start this de promotion on the internet. As a wrestling forum which contains wrestlers, promoters and fans alike we should come together to NOT support backyard wrestling.The person who said "i will stop when someone gets badly hurt" really sums up the whole backyard wrestling mentality. Have these KIDS not heard of people getting injured in professional wrestling - Droz has been paralysed and he was trained professionally - this should be warning enough.Please - Lets do something about this.