UFC 304: Edwards vs Muhammad 2 - Jul 27 ???????

Who wins?   

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My god I'm so excited for this one. Feels like we've waited years haha 

I just read volkonovski is coming over to watch cage side which makes me cry I'm not there in the arena 

I'm going with Tom aspinal knock out round 1

Leon wins judge's decision

Paddy wins against green 

Robocop wins 

Arnold Allen wins 

Meatball molly wins 

Tim elliot and Nathaniel wood with wins 

Such a good card that hasn't been decimated touch wood 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Something weird going on with the Mokaev vs Kape fight. To go from the PPV main card to the televised prelims to now getting demoted all the way down to the Fight Pass stream? Fully expecting this fight to get cancelled. There’s always a high chance of that in any booking involving Kape. Be surprised if this fight is still intact by the time the weigh ins roll around. 

Custom shorts again on this card. Paddy the twat’s getting his orange shorts. At least he can’t use the full on rip-off Sakuraba design like he used to in Cage Warriors. I like the England/Jamaica ones for Leon Edwards though. I’m guessing there’ll be more. I’d imagine Aspinall will at least get some.

IMG-8952.jpg

IMG-8953.jpg

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I can see that but if that’s the reason then why did they have him listed for the main card right up until fight week? I think it’s gonna be some fuckery on Kape’s side. Maybe they know he’s way off making weight so they don’t wanna give it the spotlight on the main card. Just a guess, I’m probably wrong. But I think it’s more likely a Kape issue than a Mokaev one myself. If it is that though, it’s harsh on Mokaev. He should be on the main card, especially being a Manchester boy.

Edit - Oh wait, now it’s making sense…

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Plastic Caesar at it again.

The guy's undefeated, and whilst it's not an absolute who's who of opponents, that at the very least should've guaranteed him another contract, if not another title shot (personally I still think it's ever-so-slightly too early in his career).

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this is meant to be a sport. Yes, there's an entertainment factor involved, but a big part of that is that you're going to see the best of the best competing with each other, and that means all styles, including boring ones. Why should a fighter give up a winning formula just to please The Ham-Faced Man-Child?

If it's such an absolute must-have to have entertainment in every fight, maybe change the fucking rules and set-up, like having a smaller cage, to induce fighters to fight that way? Otherwise, the UFC/Plastic Caesar are just telling them that everything they've said about how this fight game works is a load of bullshit.

Fuck it. Mokaev should go to PFL at this stage. He'll get paid much more, he'll have more chances to rack up wins, maybe even a championship, and then, when the UFC have to come calling for him again, he can pull some top dollar out of them.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

It’s also Paddy Pimblett’s last fight on his contract but they’re keeping that floppy haired tit on the main card and giving him his custom orange shorts he wanted. Obviously they’ve always preferred Pimblett over Mokaev but reading between the lines, seeing how differently they’re handling both guys last contracted fights, I get the feeling they’ve come to some kind of agreement with Paddy to stay but they know Mokaev’s probably leaving. The thing with Mokaev is he’s young enough to go away and come back better. He’s far from the finished product. Going to PFL or Oktagon or Cage Warriors or whatever and gaining more experience and rounding out his overall game could be the move. I said at the time when Steve Erceg got the title shot against Pantoja and some were acting like Mokaev got fucked over, in the long run I think it’ll work out better for him. Like you say, I think it would’ve been too soon for him to get the title shot anyway, especially on a quick turnaround and in Pantoja’s backyard. He’s only 23. We’ll see what happens. Maybe he’ll stay. But I could see a scenario where Mokaev leaves, goes on a bit of a streak outside the UFC, mops up a few titles in other promotions and comes back at 26/27 a more complete fighter and in a much better position to win UFC gold. I think people were hung up on him potentially beating Jon Jones’ record of becoming the ‘youngest UFC champion ever’. That ship’s already sailed now but I don’t think he’d have beaten Pantoja anyway at this stage of his career. I don’t think he’s anywhere near ready. 

It’s shite though and I feel it’s only gonna get worse. They’re letting guys like Mokaev fight out their contracts and leave rather than give them a better deal, because they’re happy to just fill up the cards with DWCS nobodies. The lack of stars they have now is crazy. This year the whole promotion has almost been propped up by Alex Pereira and they never created him or saw him coming, they basically lucked out with him. The whole UFC 300 thing was very telling when all the fan and media speculation about possible big fights that could be added centred around names from 5+ years ago like Lesnar, Rousey, GSP, Khabib and so on. Those stars retired and they haven’t replaced them. And they don’t seem to care because as long as they’ve got a handful of acceptable PPV headliners and then enough bodies to fill enough hours of content, they’ll keep trucking and serving their slop and counting the money. There’s no incentive anymore to maintain a high level of quality. There’s obviously still a lot of amazing fighters on the roster. But the sheer amount of shows they put on now means it’s mostly just about filling time and padding out cards with mostly the cheapest talent they can get. 

Edited by wandshogun09

What a absolute pair of tits both of these two are. Behaving like this isn't going to get you brownie points your already demoted all the way from main card to fight pass prelims which I've never seen before this needs to be addressed and brought up the entire build they have been advertised as being on the main card and to get moved all the way to the early prelims is significantly worse every way you look at it. 

One of them getting cut above the eye is potential game over no fight happening now as we've seen numerous times lately What a absolute set of bellends seriously.

I'm not a huge paddy fan but hearing him speaking about men's mental health and the level of depression he's been battling recently chocked me up. You will rarely see and hear a professional elite level mma star speak about mental illness and how serious its been personally like he has and its really moved me in honesty.

So excited for the press conference today I was so close to getting a ticket for it and going to experience it but in the end it wasn't meant to be as my fiance has gone to her mums with the boys until Tuesday cos she's not feeling great so the money went on that and getting her to her mums.

One day.....one day it will happen 

• Paid Members

Paddy Pimblett is one of the most frustrating individuals on the roster. If it weren't for the appalling racism, I'd probably root for him, even on the shithousery, because he seems decent in almost every other way.

• Paid Members

Bout order 2 days out…

IMG-9828.png

I’m really liking this card but I just can’t get on with Mokaev vs Kape being down there on the Fight Pass bit, slumming it with a shitty Heavyweight fight and Shauna Bannon. The whole thing’s been weird and I can’t help feeling like they know Mokaev is likely leaving after this fight so they don’t wanna give him any spotlight. Old school fans might remember when they did the same to Andrei Arlovski when he was leaving the promotion way back in 2008.  It was the last fight on his contract, he wanted to leave so they stuck his fight with Jake O’Brien on the prelims at a time when prelims were rarely even seen unless the main card fights ended early and they had time to fill. Feels like something similar is going on here.

As for that scuffle between Mokaev and Kape, it’s dumb as fuck. They’re 2 days away from being able to legally assault each other and get paid for it. So they decide to do it outside a hotel, for free, and risk putting their paid fight in jeopardy? Idiots. There was a story recently that Jean Silva told about Kape and Mokaev getting into a fight at the UFC Performance Institute and he said Kape headbutted Mokaev and cut him open. So my first thought seeing that pic of the cut was that maybe that pic was from that incident. Guess not though. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if the fight still gets scrapped yet. 

• Paid Members

Kape is clearly a guy you dont wanna piss off in the lead up to a fight, he's an unhinged little fucker.

The bout order isnt bothering me too much, i'm planning on chilling out Sunday watching the whole thing with a mild hangover and a can of Pringles.