UFC Vegas: Strickland vs Imavov - Jan 14 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins?   

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

At this stage, Strickland is what he is. And what he is, is a decent fighter. I said it before, but if you strip away all the shit that he says and the attitude he has, and Bisping's weird fawning over him what you have is a top ten (borderline top 5) fighter who's always going to cause problems to all but the very best.

He's a very skilled MMA boxer. His evasiveness is excellent, and his footwork is really good, even if it's a little basic. 

As for what he's like as a person, I read a bit about his upbringing, and like lots of guys who fall into his way of thinking, he had it fairly tough:

“There was a story where I remember I used to sleep in my mom’s room a lot because I thought he’d kill my mom; I thought I’d wake up with my mom dead. One day, I f*cking crawled underneath their bed and he f*cking gets on top of my mom — maybe it was just rough sex, who f*cking knows? — he gets on top of my mom and he’s strangling her saying, ‘Tonight’s the night you’re gonna f*cking die.’ I’m probably like in the third grade, I’m young. The only thing I see is a guitar, so I go and I grab the guitar and I f*cking just smack him in the head as hard as I can. I grab the phone, I run out, I call the cops and my mom — her dumb ass, she f*cking bailed him out of jail the next day.”

"For me, I was just really f*cking angry. I was so angry, I actually went through this weird neo-Nazi, white supremacist phase when I was younger, and I got kicked out of school for, like, hate crimes, all this crazy sh*t."

Not an excuse of course, but you often find that kids like him end up being screwed up to some extent.

• Paid Members

Once again Strickland made a guy fight his fight, that has to considered a skill in itself? I don't really know he manages to do it, but everyone ends up trying to beat the guy at his own game. Some succeed, some wilt under the pressure, which Imavov did. 

The card was decent enough, the Apex stink was strong but there were some few bright spots especially on that main card.