UFC 280: Oliveira vs Makhachev - Oct 22 🇦🇪

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I thought it was a disgrace by everyone involved, apart from Sterling, who just did his job, and also showed hesitation in continuing in the second round. (Sterling's disgrace was that awful post fight interview. Jesus Christ Aljo, you have some bad patter). 

Of course TJ was going to want the fight to stay on, he knew it was his last shot. Despite that, he did untold damage to himself, and he took a spot from someone else for a fight that he didn't deserve in the first place and that he now knew within himself that he was incapable of being healthy and properly prepared for. 

Dillashaw's team never should have let it happen. The ref, commission and doctors shouldn't have let it happen and when it did they should have stopped it way sooner. The company looked an absolute joke for allowing it to go ahead I thought. They've just banned their fighters and fighters families etc from betting on the UFC and then they go and put this fight out there and are completely complicit in pulling the wool over people's eyes? Carny as fuck. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, WeeAl said:

Of course TJ was going to want the fight to stay on, he knew it was his last shot. Despite that, he did untold damage to himself, and he took a spot from someone else…

Yep.

337-E9-F6-A-475-D-40-A7-946-C-B314-A0844

I said months ago that Aljo vs Aldo was the fight to make. Aldo deserved it more, had done more to earn it and didn’t have the stench of disgrace from a USADA suspension on him. Instead they give it to a falling apart at the seams TJ and they give Aldo the Merab fight that nobody was clamouring for, he loses probably the dullest fight of his career and retires. They knew they were going to Brazil in January as well. Why not just hold off and do Aljo vs Aldo in Rio? I’m sure Aldo would’ve waited knowing it would be his last crack at the belt, and on home soil. I’m sure they could’ve convinced Sterling to wait a couple of months as well. Instead we got the crumbling remains of Dillashaw and the absolute balls up of everyone either not disclosing the injury or turning a blind eye. A shitshow on all fronts in hindsight.