2022 Peacock/Network thread: Where the Big Boys still play.

The Gaffer

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Summerslam '92 is currently free in a collection of Brtish shows, just started watching it and I forgot that Rocko was pushed as the main draw of the LoD.. no wonder Hawk went missing after the event.

Hawk going to the pub and not coming back had been on the cards forever. Even during their tag title reign he was only making half his bookings and disappearing for two weeks at a time. Boss Man & Animal vs Mountie & one Nasty Boy was really common that summer. He was the Eddie Hitler of wrestling, popping out with £1.50 for a fish supper, coming back from a car swapping party reeking of Old Spice, no halibut in sight while Animal stares forlornly at the oven and thinking about his lot in life.

• 1 month later...

If I remember right the Patterson/Slaughter match was released as part of the Falls Count Anywhere DVD/BluRay set a few years back, but I don’t that sold very well so this is a good way for people to see it.

I like a lot of these collections. They omit some of the more obvious stuff to give some forgotten matches a new lease of life. This one has the HBK/Batista Stretcher Match from One Night Stand 2008 which I’ve just given a watch as I don’t think I’ve seen since it happened and it’s a decent scrap.

Edited by WyattSheepMask