Bellator 257 - Nemkov vs. Davis 2 (April 16)

Egg Shen

I think Davis has a good chance of winning. He's never been stopped in his career and the fight could well swing in his direction after round 2. I am therefore tempted to pick Davis as a emotional hedge bet of sorts. 

But fuck it, Nemkov to win on points. 

I would piss myself laughing if Yagshimuradov sparked out Anderson. But I suspect that Anderson will prevail in a tough fight. 

Very relieved. First time Davis has lost via unanimous decision in 7 years. I had Vadim winning rounds 1-3 clear and then edging round 5. 

Jerry Millen can fuck off though. 

Ebb, I am sorry I didn't mention Mads Burnell to you before you placed your bet on Rogers. Some of The Fight Site lads and Slack are in love with him. Apparently he's got the potential to be a real player at 145lbs and the UFC made a massive error by cutting him. 

The Daley vs Homasi bout was a barnburner. Yagshimuradov had his moments in the first round but was otherwise dominated by Anderson. Mads Burnell was the star of the undercard. That was about it really. 

I am quite confident that Nemkov beats the winner of Romero vs Rumble. 

• Paid Members

I missed this as well but my brother was raving about the Daley fight so I’ll give it a watch at some point this week.

Glad to see Nemkov won. Seems he’s the antidote for some of the bores in Bellator’s 205 division. Wouldn’t mind seeing him fuck Corey Anderson up at some point. Nemkov vs Romero or Rumble is gonna be class. I’m hoping it’s Romero though. I never root against Yoel anyway but Rumble being a prick doesn’t help.

Anderson is probably top 3 in the world at 205lbs. I would personally rank Vadim, Jan and Anderson as the top 3. 

Jan probably should be ranked at number 1 based on his recent wins over Stylebender, Anderson, and Reyes. Jan's record before those fights was actually nothing special, but those 3 wins probably trump Nemkov's two wins over Davis and his win over Bader. 

Still, in my heart of hearts, I believe that Vadim has been the best 205er on the planet for a few years now. Certainly since 2019 when Jones really started to decline/under-perform.