20 years ago today: the last WCW Nitro

Your Fight Site

• Paid Members

Thing that always sticks with me is "the pay struture would have been fucked up if they bought Goldberg and Sting in." And then a year later, they had no issue in giving everyone "if you can find a better deal, fuck off" contracts when it came to renegotiating. Even the likes of Jericho and Benoit got less money than what they were previously on. It all came down to the WWF not wanting to bring in people from WCW to put over WWF guys. It was pure ego. They could have easily made it work. You cant tell me the only time in the history they felt guilt over their pay structure was in March 2001? When they've never gave a shit about the talents pay.

For anyone interested, this week’s ‘83 Weeks’ podcast is specifically about ‘The Big Bang’ show that never happened, which deals with the attempted (and subsequently failed) acquisition by Fusient Media Ventures, and a bit on the plans for WCW had it gone as planned. 

It would have been a really great listen had a lot of it not already been covered in the WCW Sin, Superbrawl Revenge and Greed podcasts, but still fascinating nonetheless.

I tried - somewhat blearily - asking DDP when he done a show in Cork six or seven years ago had he any memories/knowledge of what the Big Bang would entail, and his answer still ended up being about fucking yoga. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I tried - somewhat blearily - asking DDP when he done a show in Cork six or seven years ago had he any memories/knowledge of what the Big Bang would entail, and his answer still ended up being about fucking yoga. 

Brilliant. This reminds me of when I started talking to Foley and his first reply was to check if I’d put my fiver in the box.