Cobra Kai - S5 and general discussion (may contain spoilers)

John Matrix

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 9/11/2022 at 2:18 AM, NavigatorFan said:

The Karate Kid movies, or films as I would have called them back in the day, where huge for me as a kid, so getting to learn back stories for the characters I remember whilst making something that my 12 year old also loves is just amazing to me 

It's rare for something like this to hit different generations, and it really has. My 12yo absolutely loves this show and so do her friends. And it does more than plenty to satisfy those that loved the original movies like my generation. Quite the achievement.

Of course the writing isn't great, and nor is a lot of the acting. Half of the older actors in the show have probably done very little of note in the acting business since the original movies! But oddly, none of that matters. It's corny as fuck, but it's satisfying. Sometimes a Colonel Meal is exactly what you need rather than a five star Michelin meal. 

And what a way to end the series. Me and my daughter marked.

• Chest Rockwell changed the title to Cobra Kai - S5 and general discussion (may contain spoilers)