Bellator 253 - Caldwell vs. McKee ? (November 19th)

Egg Shen

Who Wins?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That was a great sub, I still can't work out how he did it and where the pressure point is. It was called a neck crank but AJ called it a shoulder crank.

Earlier in the thread I called Bendo lazy for fighting at welterweight, I take that back as I later realised he took the fight on a months notice. I'm glad it's not a permanent move. He belongs at lightweight.

• Paid Members

Incredible finish, the commentary team had just assumed it was a bit of a lockdown position buy McKee had that shit it in tight. Unreal.

bellator253-ajmckee-darrion-caldwell-1-1

McKee is the leading example of Bellator's prospect movement. Built from the ground up and looks world class, great stuff.

In the co-main, if you ever need to watch a fight to explain to someone why there are weight classes in MMA, show em Jackson/Henderson. They seemed evenly matches everywhere but Jackson's physical strength was absolutely the difference.

Joey Davis looks another legit prospect too, not overly exciting but you can just see that he's gonna be a problem for anyone to deal with.

Highlight of the prelims was Jay Jay Wilsons 20 second KO. He's another prospect but has slipped in under the radar. Beat Tywan Claxton now scoring a quick KO. Kid is fun to watch.

Tell what wasn't a highlight, Baby Slice. Poor bugger just doesn't have it. He looked like he didnt wanna be in there. Sometimes its tough to have a famous old man.

4 hours ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

That was a great sub, I still can't work out how he did it and where the pressure point is. It was called a neck crank but AJ called it a shoulder crank.

I've trained BJJ for over a decade and I don't think I've ever seen this exact submission. I've seen the position used to sweep before and when Caldwell tapped I assumed it was a neck crank too.

There's a really good breakdown of it on youtube.

• Paid Members

the ideal final as others have said is Pitbull/McKee. Everything about that fight is perfect. Emmanuel Sanchez may throw a massive spanner in the works though. Pitbull already has a win over him but Sanchez is a muthafucker, a granite tough, non stop cardio machine. I'd like to see either final, but McKee/Pitbull is the one.