This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (Bivol vs. Beterbiev - Oct 12th)

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Gooner said:

Highlights from Saturday night's PPV on TNT Sports 2 tonight from 22:15 for anyone who didn't manage to watch or for anyone who wants to watch again. 

Uncle Turki posted the whole card to youtube too :thumbsup:

It's a shame Eubank JR backtracked. Could tell in the moment he just thought screw it, I'm on this show because of Turki, I'll say what I want about the other promoters on stage without any consequences. Obviously he found out really quickly that isn't the case. 

• Paid Members

light weekend of boxing ahead, Nick Fucking Ball gets a homecoming tonight though. Not a big fan of this really, the type of fight boxing needs to get away from in my opinion, but Nick Ball is always fun to watch.

Screenshot_20240817-175322_Instagram.jpg

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (Bivol vs. Beterbiev - Oct 12th)
  • Paid Members

Tonight then, this absolute belter:

Beterbiev-vs.-Bivol-Full-Fight-Card.jpeg

Ive been following fight week and i'm pretty invested in every fight here. 

Ive fancied Bivol in the main event ever since if was announced. Just think age is in on his side and he'll be the man closest to his prime so he'll edge it on points.

Bivol Points

Eubank KO/TKO

Wardley KO/TKO

Opetaia Points

Whittaker KO/TKO

Nicholson Points

Finally it's here, feels like been waiting an eternity for this Beterbiev vs. Bivol undisputed fight to take place and now that  it's upon us I'm sticking with what I've always thought would happen and that Beterbiev wins via late stoppage or on points decision in a very close fight. Look

Beterbiev Points

Eubank JR Points

Clarke Points

Opetaia Points

Whittaker Points

Nicholson Points 

I hope I'm wrong on all the fights going to points or we going to be in for one long afternoon/evening.

• Paid Members

Yeah it’s one of the best fights you can make in Boxing currently for me. I’m leaning towards Bivol on points but hoping Beterbiev gets it done. Either way I’m just glad it’s finally happening while they’re both still operating at or close to their best. If it got delayed much longer that boat might’ve been missed. Undercard looks solid enough as well.

To think we’re getting Beterbiev vs Bivol and Usyk vs Fury 2 in about a two month spell is nuts. Doesn’t get any better than that. 

Bivol vs Beterbiev is like one of those fantasy match ups you mull over with your pals, debating which past pugilist would have beaten the other, only this time we are debating two active fighters, a true 50/50.

I think if Beterbiev meniscus is OK I would I favour him to ramp up the pressure and get a points victory, can't see him stopping Bivol, Canelo managed to get Bivol up on the ropes a bit, if he does that with Beterbiev it's a living nightmare for him.

Wardley Clarke is another one I'm up for, don't think it'll be quite like the first, as I think with the knowledge they both have of each other now it will be a more cagey affair, Clarke particularly will be behind his jab more imo, but I fancy Wardley again.

Massey isn't a bad test at all for Opetaia, who looks like he would fight in town, field, fair or market, its just those eyes, 

Jnr weight cut once again looked immense, at the point he had 1lb to go he was already so tight you struggle to see where he'd lose that pound at, he'll get this fella beat and then hopefully smash Benn, who is the most irritating person in British boxing for me, massive inflated ego for no reason at all, and the definition of a try hard for me.

• Paid Members

Yeah as someone who was always on the Benn side of the rivalry growing up watching their dads, I’m fully on Eubank’s side on this one. I wanted to like and support Conor when he first started but he’s absolutely insufferable at this point and talks way too much for someone who hasn’t really beat anyone of note. 

Yeah I agree, and let's be honest, without that surname nobody would really take much notice of the career of Connor Benn would they.

When he first burst on the scene he seemed alright enough but that just quickly went downhill and has only gotten worse, and funnily enough I've done a bit of  U-turn on Jnr.

Not saying he hasn't been insufferable at times but I definitely have warmed to him over the years.