This Weekend's Boxing (Canelo vs. Berlanga (14th Sept)

Egg Shen

Firstly, I thought the pacing of last night's show was great, I went into the kitchen to make tea a couple of times and came back into find that both men were in the ring, it seemed last night one fight ended and another began, UFC style.

Itauma made a statement like that, McCann boxed to a great gameplan, a gameplan I felt was the exact way he needed too to beat Baluta, I enjoyed Garner and Sharp, and fairplay to Del Boy for a gritty win, retire now though on a high, Joyce was a basically a static object and didn't even throw a jab.

• Paid Members

Joyce let me down for £40 off a 50p bet the useless lump. Missed the fight as I thought it was a foregone conclusion that Joyce would plod to victory, genuinely quite shocked. What a fall from grace for Joe Joyce. He was basically the boogeyman of the division 18 months ago or so.

Agree with what everyone is saying about Itauma too, something very special about him. Genuinely think i'd pick him over every UK heavyweight other than Joshua, Fury & Dubois already.

I still keep having bouts of laughter from one of Del Boys post fight comments

'I'm like a s**t that won't flush' :laugh:

Yeah Itaumas movement, speed & power are a lethal mix, and he hasn't even grown into his man strength yet, he's an absolute wrecking ball sure.

I'm looking forward to the Crawford-Madrimov card.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, NeverYield said:

I'm looking forward to the Crawford-Madrimov card.

I am as well apart from having to find a way to watch it illegally despite having a DAZN subscription. Fuck giving them a penny more. 

3 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I am as well apart from having to find a way to watch it illegally despite having a DAZN subscription. Fuck giving them a penny more. 

I've been watching the 'RAW WORK' videos on the Boxraw YouTube channel, the past couple have been snippets from Crawfords roadwork and strength and conditioning sessions.

Ahh mate DAZN and their nonsense is just beyond it now, the sheer cheek of them to keep trying to fleece people after all their talk of how they were going to be different at the start, just madness.

• Paid Members

Yeah but it’s on DAZN over here and they still chatted shite and mislead people when they launched, promising that there’d be no added PPV charges on their platform and everything would be included in the subscription. Now they want £25 on top? They’ll never get another penny out of me once my year’s subscription expires. 

Watching that Joyce/Chisora fight the other evening at times was like watching two fighters in slow motion. Both as everybody already knows are washed up, but in the case of Joyce, if you in the ring with someone like Chisora and he shows a higher boxing intelligence level then you do, serious questions have to be asked.  I would expect Joyce to be fed soon to the likes of Itauma who again looked impressive in his performance on the undercard against a guy known for his toughness, even though the shape he was in fro this fight was highly questionable. 

• Paid Members
On 7/30/2024 at 12:31 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah but it’s on DAZN over here and they still chatted shite and mislead people when they launched, promising that there’d be no added PPV charges on their platform and everything would be included in the subscription. Now they want £25 on top? They’ll never get another penny out of me once my year’s subscription expires. 

Oh they no doubt botched their initial mission statement, i ain't debating that. The introduction price was a mistake too (though it was nice whilst it lasted).

Absolutely buzzing can't wait for it, and only just realised Bud appeared on WWE twice recently, but yeah can't wait. 

The Canelo card though, poor, and the chief support, an inactive Garcia at a weight he's never previously fought at, so definitely gonna savour Saturday. 

Great performance from Bakole 

Madrimov wasn't there to make up the numbers, gave Bud a quality fight imo, Bud just too good, but Madrimov 100% gave him a good fight, and that 3 round battle between McKenna & Law raised the roof, real slugfest.