Lee Marvin Appreciation Thread

Loki

Inspired by @Scott Malbranque - what’s your favourite Lee Marvin movie?

Mine has to be Point Blank.  It’s the cinematic equivalent of taking ecstasy and going to Laser Tag, it’s basically one long aggressive explosion.  It also has my favourite bit of sound design ever, the super loud walk down the corridor into the door crash.

Other crackers include Cat Ballou and Death Hunt.  Cat Ballou is just super entertaining.  Death Hunt is pure grit.

• Paid Members

Death Hunt and Point Blank are my two fave Lee Marvin films ever, because they pretty much signify Lee Marvin. I can't explain better than that.
What a wonderful presence that man has on the screen though.
And I'll say this too, I loved The Delta Force. Reminds me of my mates Atari, TK red lemonade and butter voucher crisps!

• Paid Members

giphy.gif

I saw Cat Ballou years ago; I can't remember any of it. I do remember I enjoyed it. 

It's hit me that I haven't seen enough Lee Marvin films, so that's another chunk for the isolation playlist.

• Paid Members

Point Blank is an incredible film, years ahead of its time, and Lee Marvin is a huge part of why it works so well. But he rarely picked disappointing films, his body of work was superb.

He started out as a support actor and he's probably the best thing in the likes of The Big Heat, The Wild One and Bad Day at Black Rock. Then he transitioned to leading man and you get the likes of The Killers, The Professionals, Point Black, The Dirty Dozen, Prime Cut, Emperor of the North and a bunch more. His reputation is more than earned.