Dynamite Radio

Onemanmade

Hi folks, I wonder if anyone knows where I can find copies of Dynamite kid’s podcast/online interviews that were done with Live Audio Wrestling around 2000? Tried the LAW archive and everyone I’ve spoken to there including the presenters don’t know where you could find copies. Tried everything I can think of. I can only hope a fellow fan has copies? Please have a think and an ask around, id really love to hear them. Thanks in advance 

• Paid Members

No chance you'll find them, sadly. I've tried for years to find them and gave up around 2011. In 19 years, there hasnt been 2 seconds of audio from them. The audience for a Dynamite Kid radio show prior to broadband and everyone having access to unlimited internet was so small, I doubt there are any copies of it anywhere in the world.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

7 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

No chance you'll find them, sadly. I've tried for years to find them and gave up around 2011. In 19 years, there hasnt been 2 seconds of audio from them. The audience for a Dynamite Kid radio show prior to broadband and everyone having access to unlimited internet was so small, I doubt there are any copies of it anywhere in the world.

Oh dear :( I’ve exhausted all avenues I can think of as well.

if I ever find any I will make sure to get them to you as well friend 

As someone who has digital copies of everything he's done in music or sound since 1997 this amazes me - did LAW just broadcast live and not record it?

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Loki said:

As someone who has digital copies of everything he's done in music or sound since 1997 this amazes me - did LAW just broadcast live and not record it?

Pretty much. Meltzer did the same thing. All those Eyada shows he did, and there's only a select bunch out there. Wade Keller has everything he'd done. WWE obviously has. WWE even has all the old hotline recordings. In wrestling its pot luck. You either have these proper archivists or you have people who cant be arsed. Its a shame.

11 minutes ago, Loki said:

No it was recorded and held on Dynamite’s own website but the website was deleted unfortunately,  LAW archived a lot of stuff, they’re even an archive website, but this stuff ain’t on there 

11 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Pretty much. Meltzer did the same thing. All those Eyada shows he did, and there's only a select bunch out there. Wade Keller has everything he'd done. WWE obviously has. WWE even has all the old hotline recordings. In wrestling its pot luck. You either have these proper archivists or you have people who cant be arsed. Its a shame.

The WWE's archive is absolutely the greatest archival system I've ever seen.  Beyond cutting edge compared to most IP owners.  Their ability to pull out a match from the 1970s and present it in HD is incredible.

2 hours ago, Project Nim said:

Remember one interview the LAW did with Dynamite and Benoit at the same time.

Dynamite said,”if I thought you were the shits I would tell you” as Benoit repeatedly said thank you 

Thanks, I found this article from March 2000 about it. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ign.com/articles/2000/03/25/chris-benoit-and-the-dynamite-kid%3Famp%3D1

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

No luck using the wayback machine?

no, unless im doing something wrong! They have archived the page itself, and when you click "listen" they seem to have archived it somehow but it only downloads .ram (real player format?) files of about 78bytes which wont play, and are too small to be anything really. 

I'm not really familiar with wayback machine though, so if you could offer some insight i would appreciate it? They would have been present on the website in 2000

https://web.archive.org/web/20001101000000*/http://www.dynamitekid.com/radio/

1 hour ago, Onemanmade said:

no, unless im doing something wrong! They have archived the page itself, and when you click "listen" they seem to have archived it somehow but it only downloads .ram (real player format?) files of about 78bytes which wont play, and are too small to be anything really. 

I'm not really familiar with wayback machine though, so if you could offer some insight i would appreciate it? They would have been present on the website in 2000

https://web.archive.org/web/20001101000000*/http://www.dynamitekid.com/radio/

Yeah the problem is the .ram files aren't the actual audio files. They're kinda like a middle man which links to the radio stream which is likely long dead.

http://lawmedia.competitor.net/realmedia/thelaw/benoit/03252000benoit.rm

Would have been one of the actual files but it's no longer there. (or so I think)

Edited by Merzbow

• 1 month later...

Just been through a pile of old tapes because I thought I'd dubbed Dynamite Radio off at the time - I was trading tapes a few years after these came out, and these sorts of shoots were everywhere and so easily accessible, it didn't really cross anyone's mind to save them - but I've got the whole first episode of Dynamite Radio on a tape which also has some 1999 shoot interviews with Kid and Bulldog, which were part of LAW. I think I only dubbed off the first episode of Dynamite Radio because it was a pretty poor listen - a transatlantic phoner with Kid - and the later episodes were nearly unlistenable, with Kid clearly not interested in participating. I've not got a tape to digital converter at the moment, but thought I'd just let you know at least Ep One still exists in someone's collection.

I had loads of these tapes but sold them on eBay in a big lot a lot of years ago, and if I remember, not for much - so there may be more out there in someone's collection.

Not much help in hearing the content, but here's the photos of the tape (with the homemade sleeve).

DSC-3716.jpg

DSC-3717.jpg