Things you have done a U-turn with...

Wideload90

This thread is inspired by things that you used to detest/love but have completely gone off the boil or became besotted with, changing your opinion entirely. 

I was down the pub and put on Bloc Party's 'the love within' and at first, it made my ears bleed. Now, for some reason, I can't get enough of it, despite my initial detest.

QI used to be the best show on TV but can't stand it with Sandi Totsvig. A real fall from grace. Have I got news for you is now compulsive viewing after years of despising the desperately unfunny Paul Merton.

Katherine Ryan is another one. Anything she appeared on would require a channel change. Since watching her on taskmaster, I have found her to be quite decent. Sara Pascoe on the other hand.... Will never warm to her.

What things have you done a u-turn with? 

• Paid Members

Used to hate coffee, and not drink it. Then I started drinking it out of necessity, with a gallon of flavored creamer and sweetener. Now, I've just bought a french press and a grinder (though that was because I got a free bag of beans) — still sticking cinnamon roll creamer in it, but I'm also a coffee twat now.

• Moderators

As I mentioned recently in the films thread, I have really come around to Jack Black. I really used to hate his films and find him very annoying. Whilst there are still a number of films he's made that I have no interest in, he has also been really good in other films that I've enjoyed, and seems like a good dude on a personal level.

• Paid Members

Scrubs. Used to love that show; bought all the seasons as they were released, watched them a countless amount of times, could quote it all day and every day. As the later seasons got worse and worse, I still appreciated the 'golden years' a.k.a seasons 1-4 and could easily waste away a day watching a bunch of episodes. 

As I got older though, I started to really resent it. I tried re-watching it last year and couldn't make it through the first half of season one. I skipped ahead to season 2 and just gave up by around episode 5. A friend stuck it on as some background noise earlier this year and it just aggravated me to fuck, to the point where I almost launched into a tirade when he remarked about how I used to love the show.

I don't even know why I hate it now, I just do. Weird. 

Archived