Lottery Bucket Lists

Onyx2

• Paid Members
On 9/9/2018 at 12:37 AM, HarmonicGenerator said:

And I’d do a UKFF convention, pay for any member of this lovely place who wants to to come and enjoy a weekend. Put on some wrestling shows, booked by us, with Sid, Nash, an MC Rumble, pie and peas, forks, a place to sell the trainers you’re wearing, Movie corner, chippy teas, the works. And those who would find that insufferable can just stay in a nice hotel for a weekend on me.

The rest of your post I agree fully with, but these two bits I would most definitely do. A UKFF convention would be tremendous. I'd hire extra toilets just because of this place's propensity for preposterous pooing positions.

Chinese people also welcome.

On 9/9/2018 at 12:37 AM, HarmonicGenerator said:

I’d buy some buildings in a couple of places and turn them into dedicated performance spaces they don’t have to rely solely on funding to keep going (well, they would, but the funding would be me). Newcastle Improv Theatre, yes thanks.

Now this is most certainly worthwhile. Agreed 100%. But instead of funding them directly after the initial purchase and investment, I'd set up trusts to run them, in order to generate money independently from myself, thus allowing their funding to go further.

I'd either do that, or set up a few youth centres, with the same model.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/8/2018 at 3:07 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

Open up an actual decent gig venue in Hull. Hardly anyone ever comes here because the venues that we do have are shit. I’m not meaning building a massive arena, but something like your O2 Academy’s or some of the better theatre venues

Do you live in Hull? The Bonus Arena has just opened up, which fits your description perfectly.

I fear a big lottery win could lead me down a dark path. I am not sure my marriage could survive a massive influx of dosh with poverty always keeping myself  & Mrs. Mountevans together. We are very different people, who would probably want to go in very different directions should an opportunity arise.

I am a massive over thinker with a vindictive nature & thus would be very tempted to bag myself an alibi in the shape of a nice holiday, while one or two people who have badly crossed me in the past may well get a visit from "the boys". Then you have drugs & alcohol complemented with way more free time than i have ever been used to.

I would dearly love to win the lottery, but am of the belief that money does not solve all of your problems, It just creates new ones.

• Paid Members

Build Ashton Vale Stadium.

Tell the NIMBYs, property developers and harebrained moron on College Green to go do one. I want to erase that monumental 10-year-old mistake that should have brought badly needed infrastructure, employment and revenue to the city. Just to show the rest of this country that Bristol is a beautiful city BECAUSE of, not in spite of, the way it's being run.

Then fund a Star Wars Episode 1-8 re-master set with Dave Prowse overdubbing EVERYONE.

Archived