UFC Fight Night: Cerrone vs Medeiros - Feb 18

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I fear for Cerrone when that day comes, Guy. Going by what he said on a few JRE's he lives large and is defiantly refuses to save his hard earned coin. Hopefully someones hard a word since he said that, but it's a big reason he wanted to fight all the time, to pay his big bills.

Anyway, what a barmy show.

Pleased Lewis got the win and pleased his missus got it deep.

• Paid Members

Only just got around to watching this. Bastard Sunday shows! 

Though it was a decent show. Cerrone vs Medeiros was an exciting round and Cowboy looked pretty sharp. Thought Lewis vs Tybura was hard going for a bit and it was looking like Tybura was going to grapple his way to the decision like I was expecting going in, but I was pleased to see the Beast come to life at the end there. "Get ready girl. I'm goin' deep!" I do love the Beast. James Vick continues to rack up the wins as well. Beating Trinaldo was a better win than I think it's being given credit for. Vick's worth keeping an eye on. 

The standout on the whole card for me though was Curtis Millender. I didn't know much about him at all going in. He had a good little record and some big knockouts but he was a big question mark. Never expected him to put a vet like Thiago Alves away like that. I know Alves is hot and cold these days but he never really gets stopped like that. Thought Millender's performance as a whole was excellent as well, not just the finish. He looks good. Seems like he'll be a vocal type as well which is no bad thing. Really impressive debut. 

• Paid Members

Genuinely felt that Cowboy was gonna get waxed on the night. I dunno if it was the beard making him look different but he looked completely disinterested walking in, I feared the worst. Cowboy woke up though, yet I was disappointed it ended when it did, was shaping up to be a good scrap.

...and yep wand. Milliender looks the business. He schooled Alves for a round then weathered a storm in 2 before landing that ridiculous knee, a huge 170 too. Guy could be a problem.

James Vick won again but I don't feel he did his stock much good. I feel for him that he's not securing a big name fight but this performance won't have done him many favours, being booed by your home town crowd is not a good look.

• Paid Members

Yeah it's almost a shame with Vick. He had some real momentum coming off stopping Duffy on the MSG card but Trinaldo has always been a hard guy to look good against. Trinaldo is one of the unsung guys in the division for me. Always a tough night's work but he's not what you'd call a 'name' so he's more risk than reward as an opponent. A win over Trinaldo in any fashion is a good win in my eyes but I can see why the crowd weren't into it. Hopefully Vick's next fight will be more in line with how he looked against Duffy and Polo Reyes and he can start to climb again. 

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing Cerrone vs Vick if Cerrone decides to move back down to 155 like was rumoured. I think that's a great fight, it gives Vick the name he's been after and Cerrone will probably take the fight just because he always wants to stay active and he's always been the type to fight whoever. It ticks all the boxes for everyone as far as I can see. 

Archived