The Moral Compass Thread

John Matrix

• Paid Members

For those times when you appal even yourself. 

Consider this a safe space... unless of course you're a proper wrong un like dog gobber or sex offender.

I don't even know how to begin explaining this.  It happens to me all the time, where I think a particular thing, then hate myself for thinking that particular thing.

For example, I just saw a tweet which read:

How a paralysed man invented aids for disabled people #inspiration

Now don't mistake this as an attempt to be funny, or as some sort of thinly veiled gag, it's neither, but I promise you, the first thing that popped into my head was

"Crikey, talk about bitter.  I'm not well, so you can't be either".  So essentially, what I've taken from that information is "A paralysed man invented AIDS for disabled people".

I honestly question what's wrong with me at times, so I'm hoping my fellow F'ers will reassure me that mine isn't the only brain capable of being a dick.  I don't want that thought process attributed to me, but it happened, so I can't deny it, but I don't want to feel responsible for it either.

HELP.

I think Sergio's hit the nail on the head there, I'm not sure this is where I'd look for moral validation (no offence guys...).

For what it's worth, I didn't even twig that there was a different or non-offensive way to interpret it until I saw Jobber's post and had to actually stop and think about it.  Bad AIDs all the way

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Imp_of_the_Perverse_(short_story) I always liked Poe's way of describing those thoughts of the worst possible thing you can do...

Some other author wrote a short story along the same lines, something about a Blue Horse. It's a popular notion..

Edited by organizedkaos