6 Nations 2017

mikehoncho

Opening weekend done & dusted.

The Scotland/Ireland match was fantastic & brought a much needed boost to Scottish hopes for the competition this time around.  The England/France game was good thought I can't help feeling that France were robbed somewhat, while Italy/Wales was dire in parts & it took Wales bloody ages to get going.

Predictions given the performances from this past weekend?

• Paid Members

Scotland were dark horses for the whole thing for me going into the weekend, not so much now. They look promising and that's a huge win against us. I suspect Ireland will rebound and be there and thereabouts come the last weekend, as will England. No Grand Slam for anyone this year I think, but still hoping for an Ireland win on March 18th to sooth my Paddy's day hangover. 

• Paid Members

Wales had their usual 'play well for one half' game and were far too slow to get going. There was a lot to be positive about when they did though and were only inches away from a bonus point.

Italy really have come on leaps and bounds and I like that they aren't the default whipping boys for the tournament any more, makes things a lot more open.

I was gutted France didn't get the win

It seems George North is out of tomorrow's game and has been replaced with Alex "I could murder Rob Howley's nan and he'd still pick me" Cuthbert. Makes a total mockery of the whole "pick on form over reputation" thing the Welsh camp are constantly bleating on about.

I reckon tomorrow will be a carbon copy of last year's game. Wales will have a shit 60 minutes, England will be up by 20 points or so, then Wales will make a comeback but end up losing by ~5.

I'd love to see Sam Davies get a good run out against a decent side. Everybody was going on about how he opened the backs up last week, which he did, but it was against tired Italian legs who always crumble in the second half anyway. I'd like to see if he can do the same against England.

Archived