Wrestler of the year

tiger_rick

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has to be AJ as previously stated, but I'd put Charlotte in second place. To me she is the best female wrestler on the planet right now and is having some great matches. She also has a real knack of making all of her PPV matches seem important. I couldn't stand her in NXT and even when she first debuted on the main roster, but she has gradually won me over through her character work and in ring work constantly improving.

Agree. Charlotte is superb. No one's fucking with AJ but she's a comfortable second. Matt Hardy might be third. What a fucking mad year.

• Paid Members

It's either Nakamura or Styles, for me. Both are on a different level to anyone that isn't turning up for a few matches a year.

Given the differing environments both men work in, I think Styles has to get the nod. The proper shows in WWE are poison for anyone looking to get over and be entertaining, yet Styles is a wrestler of such brilliance that they can't stop him ascending to the top in only a few months, while also showing up any other full-timer in the process. Truly, I think only Jericho and The Miz are the other wrestlers on their roster that has shown the ability to do something similar, but clearly not the consistent excellence you get with Styles.

He should have that belt all the way through to Wrestlemania. Easily the best wrestler on the planet, right now.

Kenny Omega - Absolute brilliant matches, with everybody, and shows what can happen when you actually get behind somebody.

AJ - Just utter shock at how well he has done, I always rated him but boy has he grabbed the WWE by the bollocks and carried it.

Broken Matt - Fucking insanity, I'd say he is my most searched for criteria on Youtube, after "Sasha Banks Ass".

• Paid Members

Matt Hardy is a shout but what AJ has done transcends companies. I can't see how Matt would have had the attention of he'd been anywhere other than a second rate promotion.

• Paid Members

This might be the closest to a unanimous decision we've ever had on this board.

No it isn't.

There's a good 4 or 5 who have been class. Each tickles a particular fancy.

There's typically plenty of craic about there being no stand out leaders (Cena esque), but for me it's one of the best brides maid years in a long time.

We might not have the next Cena this year, but 'providing' they all don't get Rusev'ed, it might pay off in the next year.

Wishful thinking, aye.

Archived