The Kickboxing Thread

Egg Shen

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Cant find any pictures, but I assume Reem is back on the horse meat? Even if he is, judging from how fragile he looked every time he was punched in his last few UFC fights, I cant see this one going past R2. Badr is going to smash him.

• Paid Members

i'm pretty sure he'll come in looking bigger than he has in recent times.

My Glory viewing has really dropped off in the last few years, it's not as easily available as it used to be but I should be able to find myself a copy of this. It says how far i've fallen off when I look at the card for this which is the biggest of the year and outside of the main event I don't recognise a single fighter on the card. Glory has changed a lot in recent years, the fighters I know have all mostly moved on. Still, no better time to get back in...

I do expect Badr Hari to win that main event though. 4 title fights on the card too.

Here's how the first two Hari/Overeem fights went down:

• Paid Members

Haven’t watched it myself yet but Helwani had Overeem and Badr on his show this week promoting tomorrow’s fight. 

I like it. Reminds me of the days when HBO would do the old picture in picture face-to-face interviews for the big Boxing fights years ago. 

F1237401-9E90-4D5A-9902-AF7EE5876B13.gif

• Paid Members

Crazy. Easily one of the most decorated combat sports careers of all time, it's easy to forget.

I genuinely don't know how tonight goes. Its Overeems first kickboxing match in 12 years, Hari hasn't looked good in a while by all accounts, who knows?

I listened to a kickboxing podcast that said Hari has one good round in him and if he doesn't get it done he falls to bits. They all leaned towards Overeem if he survives the opener.

Im no expert at all in kickboxing, but in Badr's last full match, he won the first round 10-7, and scored another knockdown in round 2, before being headkicked KO'd. Then I think back to Reem's last few fights, where youre on edge all the time because it looks like his resistance to a punch has reduced greatly and he could be dropped at any time. Just cant see how he survives when Badr strikes him clean.

Got this one completely wrong! Thought I was going to be able to smugly post how I got it right when Reem wobbled from Hari's first meaningful punch, but he survived it, and looked fairly comfortable throughout. Even at 43, Reem still throws a mean punch, and looks in fantastic shape. Fun little fight, and am glad Reem was able to pull it off. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Sucks to say that this completely got away from me in the end but ive seen highlights, and what a win for Overeem! He's probably gonna go in with Rico now which probably won't go well but fair fucks to the guy.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Egg Shen changed the title to The Kickboxing Thread
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

been spamming the forum with random bullshit today, but you may not be aware that Hari/McSweeney goes down tomorrow night. Not quite sure how McSweeney has found himself in this position other than possibly being seen as someone Hari can knockover, but i'm hoping to catch it. Fite TV PPV I believe.

F5e82mqXYAAkKj9.thumb.jpg.5fcf0a87055374e51ad35bef693c16ad.jpg

Tomorrow also marks the re-launch of K-1, it's getting aired on DAZN over here too which is nice, sounds like they have Michael Schivallo on the call and have a one night Open Weight Grand Prix on the slate. I couldn't pick you a name of the roster i'm about as far out of the kickboxing as can possibly be, but i'd love to see it catch fire again!

F5gcdSiW8AAumwG.thumb.jpg.a799ac0c3f45d8e585f07fd7f1db6c81.jpg