Your Wrestling Guilty Pleasure

Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members

WrestleMania 9. Not that I feel guilty about it. I just feel like I'm right and the 99% of people who hate it are idiots. It's the best setting the WWF have ever put on a show in. It looks glorious and the commentary team are great. Jim Ross is so out of place but he does a great job. The opener and post match angle is really good, Doink and Crush could be a guilty pleasure all on it's own, Luger is great, Taker/Gonzalez is a spectable - though horrible wrestling, Steiners/Shrinkers is the most under-rated match of any WrestleMania, Money Inc vs. Mr. & Mrs. Hogan suffers only from a lack of a finish and the main event is a really good carry job by Bret. The post-match angle with Hogan is shit but doesn't harm the show.

Agree 100%. For nostalgia reasons, its still my favourite PPV of all time. I can look beyond the match quality because its so different.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picture if you will, the Godfather, a wrestling pimp and his tag team partner (whom I believe at the time was D'Lo brown, though I may be wrong).   Picture if you will the dancing tag team of 2 Cool.    

Instead of the match, the Godfather suggested that hey all have a bit of a dance.   It sounds stupid, and it was.   But the thing is, Godfather always seemed to have a blast, as did 2 Cool, particulally Scotty 2 Hotty.   Sometimes I guess when a wrestler has fun it makes for fun TV.   Then to cap it all off you have Mae Young and Mark Henry come out and announce she's preggers (as I recall Scotty's facial expression was priceless).  

Granted, the storyline would be pretty terrible, but for that moment, it just make me chuckle for some reason.  

Archived