Your Wrestling Guilty Pleasure

Liam O'Rourke

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gangrel . . . just Gangrel. I must drop Gangrel into random conversations with my boyfriend at least once a day (I'm a delight to be around)

His music, his entrance, the blood bath gimmick. The fact he came out boasting about fucking Terri Runnels the night after the Hardyz v E&C ladder match. 

That awesome Vampire Warrior rap version of his theme.

His mini comeback with big Vis to take on the Undertaker in a handicap match on Smackdown,

Plus he's a fucking VAMPIRE!

Gangrel . . . just Gangrel. I must drop Gangrel into random conversations with my boyfriend at least once a day (I'm a delight to be around)

My girlfriend would regularly ask me to "do Gangrel" after watching his entrance once.  It would involve me walking into the room holding a glass of something with a massive grin on my face and doing that head bob thing.

I think the joke died when I walked in holding a pack of cheese and onion Walkers instead of the glass once, she didn't get it.

Always had a soft spot for big, noisy fuckers in the ring. Ragdolling some poor bastard around and then letting everyone know they're doing it.

Mabel (all incarnations), Roadblock and A-Train are three that particularly stand out.

The original run of Shotgun Saturday Night too, loved those shows, so different to anything WWE has ever done.

The WWF Light Heavyweight Division around 97/early-98 when any random sod was turning up - seem to recall a Tommy Rogers/Bobby Fulton match on an edition of RAW.

His music, his entrance, the blood bath gimmick. The fact he came out boasting about fucking Terri Runnels the night after the Hardyz v E&C ladder match. 

His mini comeback with big Vis to take on the Undertaker in a handicap match on Smackdown,

I'm a huge Gangrel mark, met him and he was a great guy which only added to it. The Brood are still one of the coolest stables ever

I'm a huge Gangrel mark, met him and he was a great guy which only added to it. The Brood are still one of the coolest stables ever

The fact that he's nice makes me so happy :)

I'm gutted if I didn't get this in time as I can imagine the collective groan going up from the lads upon Liam's reading the first sentence.

We do in fact record Wednesday night, so unfortunately that one didnt get in...

However you weren't the only one nominating JBL as WWE Champion.

I was always a fan of Dino Bravo; can't say exactly why but there was something about his look and matches that I always enjoyed.

There was a match from one of the Montreal territories against Abdullah the Butcher (who I still love) which was great.  

This a handheld camera version if the bout; not often I have seen Abby slammed.

Halfway through the show and already burst out laughing several times. Good stuff!

I reckon I can probably win this thread by stating that I am still a Jerichoholic.

Have been since 2000, and will always be. Met him after all Fozzy shows I've been to (5) and he continues to be a class act. Guy can do no wrong in my eyes

I want to thank everybody for the contributions, we got to read many of them on the show, which is now available at the following link:

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/yqebpp/SCG_Radio_81_-_Wrestlings_Guilty_Pleasures.mp3

Join us for our show on Wrestling's Guilty Pleasures! Talking people, matches, angles, feuds, companies and more, we run the gamut of questionable fandom, discussing the likes of Sid Vicious, X-Factor, The Invasion Angle, Battle Royals, Squash Matches, 1995, the UWF, The Lex Express, Lord Tensai, The Miz and JBL as WWE Champions, Giants, Toru Yano, Repo Man, IRS, Planet Stasiak, Steve "Mongo" McMichael, Violence in wrestling and much more. A really fun show this week, check it out and let us know what you think!

Archived