UFC 190: Rousey vs Correia

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Yeah I don't even want to see it happen. It's too far of a leap.

I said it earlier in the thread but what we need to really test Rousey is a Joanna Jedrzejczyk in a bantamweight body. I think Joanna has the best skillset we've seen to give Ronda some bother. She's just too small. We need a 135er to come along who's basically a Jedrzejczyk clone.

- Awesome striking.

- KO power.

- Excellent takedown defence.

- Supreme confidence and unshakeable belief in her skills. You wouldn't see her freeze in there like some of Ronda's previous opponents.

It's a shame they're not the same size because Rousey vs Jedrzejczyk, all things being equal, would be an incredible fight and a really intriguing mix of styles.

WCLc1.jpg

Oh well. We'll just have to make do with two badass women's champions.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

There's similarities but I think Jedrzejczyk is more skilled than Cyborg. Cyborg's defensive grappling hasn't been tested much in all these years. Jedrzejczyk has shown tremendous takedown defence against both Gadelha (arguably the best BJJ practitioner in the division) and Esparza (best wrestler in the division) already. Plus she's a cleaner, more technical and more decorated striker than Cyborg. Cyborg's a beast and an awesome striker but she's more likely to get into a brawl whereas Jedrzejczyk will just fuck you up and give you no opportunities to counter.

As it stands, Cyborg is the biggest threat to Rousey out there. But if you could design the perfect fighter to trouble Rousey, IMO you'd come up with something like a bantamweight version of Joanna Jedrzejczyk.

• Moderators

Coming back to Rousey and how to defeat her...

There's a podcast I listen to called "Jay Jack Uncensored". Jay Jack is a guy who was a fighter back in the day (early vale tudo, was asked to be on TUF 1) and instructs in Maine, USA. He is also a hilarious character. He has this wild podcast where they talk about anything and everything. They'll touch on MMA related things and it's always really interesting when he does. I recommend it in general, https://www.facebook.com/JayJackUncensored

Relating to Rousey, they started talking about how you could go about beating her given that no-one has been able to do jack shit so far. Interestingly, his wife is Amanda Buckner who was an early female fighter (she was active back in the days when Dana said there would never be female fights in the UFC). He basically talks through how he would coach his wife (if she was still fighting) to beat her. I found it to be a fascinating breakdown. Here's the podcast link, http://traffic.libsyn.com/bjjproject/JJ_Uncensored_3-5-2015.mp3 and the breakdown starts at the 36 minute mark.

Archived