Matches you thought wouldn't be good but turned out great?

dopper

• Paid Members

Might seem a weird choice but I really didn't know what to expect from Triple H vs Shawn Michaels at SummerSlam 2002. With Shawn being out four years and everything, I genuinely thought his back was so fucked he was done at the time. Add to that, Triple H wasn't exactly setting the world alight in-ring during that period, my expectations were actually quite low and it blew me away how good a match it was.

In hindsight I guess I should've known, Shawn probably wouldn't have came back at all if he didn't think he could still go at a pretty high level, but it was a real pleasant surprise for me.

Might seem a weird choice but I really didn't know what to expect from Triple H vs Shawn Michaels at SummerSlam 2002. With Shawn being out four years and everything, I genuinely thought his back was so fucked he was done at the time. Add to that, Triple H wasn't exactly setting the world alight in-ring during that period, my expectations were actually quite low and it blew me away how good a match it was.

In hindsight I guess I should've known, Shawn probably wouldn't have came back at all if he didn't think he could still go at a pretty high level, but it was a real pleasant surprise for me.

This is what I thought of too. I remember listening to the Talk Sport show the day before and they were telling us not to expect much from Shawn, so I was a bit worried for him. He certainly proved us wrong.

• Paid Members

Yeah Judgement Day 04 was the Eddie massive bleed. JBL throws one hell of a chair shot and then Eddie either cut too deep with his blade or he did the paracetamol trick. I don't know how accurate it is, but I recall reading that one of the tricks people employ to really bleed when blading is to take paracetamol about an hour beforehand in order to thin out the blood. Like I say, it could be complete carny tosh, but I do recall reading about it somewhere

It's Asprin. A lot of older people have to take one a day for that reason. The blood thinning that is, not the blading. One of the nastiest I have ever seen, it was pumping out throughout the match.

My favourite crap match that turned out to be excellent, the 1989 Survivor Series match withThe Rude Brood (Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect and The Fabulous Rougeaus) and Roddy's Rowdies (Roddy Piper, Jimmy Snuka and The Bushwhackers). Anything with the Bushwackers was normally fun but terrible, but this match wast the match of the night. Good action, excellent story told, a real hidden classic.

• Paid Members

It's Asprin. A lot of older people have to take one a day for that reason. The blood thinning that is, not the blading.

You say that, but just go to any bingo hall in Dewsbury for proof to the contrary.

Archived