Can you picture The Undertaker ever doing a convention appearance?

TheShowOff

Was thinking about this yesterday. Austin, Goldberg, Michaels, Hogan have all done them without needing the money but seemingly for an extra pay check. I just can't picture a world where Undertaker is sitting down signing VHS copies of Summerslam 1997 and posing with dead eyes for photographs. Do you think we will ever see the day? What about an Undertaker Twitter account? Or an Undertaker "evening with a Dead Man". Do you think he is he the one guy immune from the possibility of the typical post career circuit?  

• Paid Members

I was going to say, I'm certain Undertaker has done loads over the years. The gimmick has pretty much been dropped now. He usually goes dressed as Pork Pie from Desmonds when he does them. Its just that he's under contract to WWE, thus he does them when he wants to do them. Undertaker's contract is insane. He's apparently of 7 figures a year and doesn't even have to wrestle if he doesn't want. Its not in writting that he has to work Mania each year. Its a loyalty thing each way. Sort of like Shawn Michaels in the late 90s, when he didnt wrestle but he'd still be on huge money because Vince liked him. If they ask him to go to a signing, he'll do it.

I was going to say, I'm certain Undertaker has done loads over the years. The gimmick has pretty much been dropped now. He usually goes dressed as Pork Pie from Desmonds when he does them. Its just that he's under contract to WWE, thus he does them when he wants to do them. Undertaker's contract is insane. He's apparently of 7 figures a year and doesn't even have to wrestle if he doesn't want. Its not in writting that he has to work Mania each year. Its a loyalty thing each way. Sort of like Shawn Michaels in the late 90s, when he didnt wrestle but he'd still be on huge money because Vince liked him. If they ask him to go to a signing, he'll do it.

Vince probably didn't want Michaels jumping over to WCW either to be fair.

• Paid Members

He was under contract for years. He couldnt have jumped to WCW. Anyone else who was under a long term contract and only did one appearance per year would have had their pay cut in half. It was suggested several times by Prichard and Kevin Kelly and loads of others, but Vince was loyal to him. Probably because they were gay lovers.

That last part may not be true.

Archived