[BLURAY] Now available: WWE Confidential Complete Set

RudoReels

'Region free and NTSC format' - so these will play on a UK PS3, right?

(Sorry if that's a supremely dumb question.)

'Region free and NTSC format' - so these will play on a UK PS3, right?

(Sorry if that's a supremely dumb question.)

Does it play NTSC region free DVDs? If so, I would imagine Bluray compatibility would be similar.

I've sent truthofsin some other Blurays I've done, they should be there in a couple days, so if you'd like to wait until we see how those work out, that could be a good idea to play it safe.

Bluray's a new territory for me so I'm waiting for confirmation as well. I know what I am doing as far as authoring goes, just learning the rest of the details as far as compatibility is concerned. :)

Gotcha, thanks. I'll sit tight for a couple of days. This set sounds all kinds of awesome, mind. Bravo.

Parcel should be here shortly, so will test them on both my PS3 and PS4. On paper they should be fine as the discs are region free, but you never know lol. I'm at the tapings in London this coming week, so will be away for a couple of days. So if you don't hear from me until later in the week, i won't have forgotten ;-)

Yes and no.

I'm in the process of converting all my set to bluray, but they're not necessarily "full" jobs like this one.

Right now I've got a ton of WCW seasons completed with basic episode select menus, and 5 minute chapters. Normally I'd go all-out and do full chapter menus, but there's not enough time in a day. I decided to put them all on BD one way or another so I can back them up and/or get them off my hard drive.

Disclaimer on these is as follows.. These are complete to the best of my knowledge and ability. When you're talking B & C shows, there's the possibility of a show not being in circulation at all, or it might be incomplete. So in that regard, the more obscure sets are offered as-is with that being made known.

Also, if my DVD versions had commercials, then the blurays will as well. These are intended to be bare-bone backups, but no matter how you cut it, they're still a better product than their DVD counterparts due to the episode select screen. These would ship in sleeves rather than cases; we may do full artwork down the road but right now it's all about backing the content up onto new media.

I have:

WCW Monday Nitro 1995 (1 BD50) from upgrade set

WCW Monday Nitro 1996 (3 BD50 + 1 BD25) from upgrade set

WCW Monday Nitro 1997 (4 BD50 + 1 BD25) from upgrade set

WCW Pro 1996 (3 BD50 + 1 BD25) original VHS set was recorded in XP mode, hence needing to use more discs

WCW Main Event 1993 (2 BD50)

WCW Main Event 1995 (2 BD50)

WCW Main Event 1996 (2 BD50)

In progress:

WCW Saturday Night 1995

WCW Worldwide 1994

WCW Worldwide 1996

WCW Main Event 1992

WCW Main Event 1994

Not sure of any ETA on the in-progress sets as the only reason they're not compiled is i'm missing shows that I know exist. So once I get them I'll finish them up, but it takes time. I'm planning more sets as well.

I'm also doing some major puroresu related projects, but those will be full-blown sets with chapters and artwork.

This is more or less how most of the bare-bones sets will look:

vlcsnap_2014_05_12_13h48m49s170.jpg vlcsnap_2014_05_12_13h48m52s199.jpg vlcsnap_2014_05_15_23h46m57s187.jpg

By the way, I just want to make it clear that any of my Bluray sets are from DVD versions that were either VHS transfers, recorded direct to DVD, or are HD recordings direct from a set top box.

I do not convert junk/compressed download files to Bluray or DVD.

In the case of this set, there are a lot of episodes per disc because they are a standard-definition source and high-capacity discs are used.

Thought I would make this known in case anyone has any doubts. :)

OOO a WCW nitro blu ray set?

Keep us updated i will be interested

Those are already done & available. I don't think they'll be getting cover art treatment since they're not 100% 'proper' authors to my standards, but they're be available as discs in sleeves. By 'not proper' I simply mean there are 5 minute chapter marks rather than full blown chapter menus. They are designed to be basic backups, but when it comes down to it they're still great sets. You're looking at about $10 per BD50 and $5 per BD25. if interested in any, just drop me a PM whenever. :)

Again, the following sets are already COMPLETED and can ship at any time:

WCW Monday Nitro 1995 (1 BD50) from upgrade set

WCW Monday Nitro 1996 (3 BD50 + 1 BD25) from upgrade set

WCW Monday Nitro 1997 (4 BD50 + 1 BD25) from upgrade set

WCW Pro 1996 (3 BD50 + 1 BD25) original VHS set was recorded in XP mode, hence needing to use more discs

WCW Main Event 1993 (2 BD50)

WCW Main Event 1995 (2 BD50)

WCW Main Event 1996 (2 BD50)

Truthofsin can likely vouch for the Nitro discs as I believe he received his batch today. And they do work just fine for him in his player. :)

I do plan to finish up the Nitro run but I want to be sure I get a quality set to build it from first. I ended up deleting the 98-00 sets I had, along with my entire Thunder run.

Got mine this morning. Brilliant little set. Works on my standard BR player just fine.

Awesome, glad you like it. Thanks for the comment, hopefully this clears up any compatibility concerns.

• Paid Members

I've also received my set very quickly (especially as it's shipping from the US)

If anyone is unsure it plays without any problems on my blu ray player, and the quality and artwork looks great. It doesn't look out of place next to the official sets on my shelf.

Archived