The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

Holy shit! Another trade! Rose to my Knicks!

The Bulls are sending Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday and a 2017 2nd-round pick for Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant and Jose Calderon.

I gotta say, if Rose stays healthy then this a good trade. I really liked Lopez on the Knicks though...Ahh, mixed emotions.

A healthy Rose is a game changer.

It's unlikely you'll get one.

Fingers crossed. But he'll probably get injured coming off the plane.

My hope is that he balls out because it's a contract year for him. And it's a one year gamble. Still better then our lineup last year at least!

Bulls fans hella mad right now.

• Paid Members

I was under the impression the Knicks where having to give up more than that. It feels very much like the bulls are cutting bait with Rose and are happy to take a more quantifiable return.

Personally I think they will slightly win the deal but this is 100% wortn the risk for" Sorry Art" a poor Knicks team

Not as exciting a trade but my Pacers finally aquired the "real" PG they where looking for. They gave up Hill and Im not too pleased about that as I really like his non ball handling skills and don't fancy a Teague and Ellis Guard tandem. I'm hopeing the plan is to move Ellis as well.

In a straight match up Teague is a better Point and geniune dynamic point creators dont grow on trees so in that regard its understandable

Edited by ElCece

Firstly congrats to LeBron, Kyrie, K Love and the Cavs. Awesome victory for Cleveland, a real fairytale ending for LBJ too.

The Rose trade is major and will be even more so if he's fit. I think because of the ACL injury the Bulls wanted him off their roster and wanted something in return before he totally breaks down injury wise. But this could be the worst trade ever for them if Rose, Melo, Porz and they reportedly have around $35m cap space to spend and if they manage to make the playoffs ahead of Chi Town a lot of fingers will be pointed to Bulls management. Watching the draft preview and they were talking about Pau or Joakim going to NY and a starting line up with a fit D-Rose, Melo et AL will be a tough team to beat.

Draft lottery is tonight also, despite the GM saying if we pick, Ben Simmons is going to the 76ers. Boston have 8 picks too so they'll be making major moves tonight and id imagine majority of those picks will be traded unless they find the players they want and go from there. Plus new salary cap figure announced in July, meaning teams have more money available to them to accommodate more star players on one team so we could see big 3s pop up on every NBA team now. Even a team with money to spend and willing to pay luxury tax can load up on quality players, so even a big 4 or 5 might emerge dependent on the cap space level and whether players will take a little less to have their own All star esque starting line up. I see that possibly happening with Dallas and with the Lakers. The Lakers have a lot of space available now Kobe's off their wage bill but there hasn't really been any major moves from them as of yet. Maybe when they draft their #2 pick they'll start then. Brandon Ingram is their guy apparently and there's talk they might trade Russell. But if they keep him too you have a starting line composing of younger players and really they need to bring in some experience and get them in the right direction. Maybe Dwight goes back and there are reportedly keeping tabs on Al Horford. With Luke as head coach I think he'll be looking at getting some guys versed in 3 point shooting and model the Lakers offense of the Warriors. Should be definitely some major moves go down, maybe even during or after draft night and I think some teams under the radar will become much stronger teams like the T Wolves, 76ers and if they do manage to have a healthy Derrick Rose and the team chemistry clicks Cleveland have a sleeper team to worry about it in the East.

Edited by Really Big Shoe

Also, regarding the Draft. I actually like Ingram a lot and think he'll be great in LA under Luke Walton.

In other news, Phil Jackson has reportedly told Derrick Rose that they're going after KD hard. I'm guessing they'll look to sign Pau Gasol too. Imagine if they pulled that off?

I'm torn on the D Rose trade. I have a lot of Knicks fans on my Twitter feed who are actually pissed off with the move, others delighted. As i said earlier in the thread, I can't help but feel he's the next Penny Hardaway in terms of injuries robbing us all of seeing how fantastic his career really could have been. As long as Knicks fans give him time, he could be a shrewd move. You have to accept his jumper is wildly inconsistent now, but let him drive and do his thing and you never know. 

What's more interesting to me is that there is a lot of talk that Jimmy Butler is off to the Nuggets or Mavs tonight. I guess that's the rebuild button well and truly hit! Shame really, as i feel this was Butler's team to lead, and has been the past couple of seasons now. 

The last strong rumour i'm getting is that Eric Bledsoe or Brandon Knight are off to the 76ers tonight. Either move would instantly make them a better side and no longer an embarrassment. Looks like Nerlens Noel is off by the end of tonight, they've got a logjam up front.

Time for Danny to go. He doesn't have a clue does he? We've been here numerous times and drafted shite. I don't really know much on any of the actual draft players other than who the bigguns are so to speak. Supposedly we've drafted another few good players, but nothing to get us a star. Ainge needs a star to come in or his role will be shortly coming to an end.

Most irritatingly he supposedly bailed on a deal which would send the #3 pick and Crowder to Chicago for Butler. Didn't wanna give up Crowder. Crowders a decent player but absolutely bottled it come playoffs time.

Edited by seanz25