The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

I dont think it will change KDs direction but thats exactly the sort off move they need

I'm not to sure now, if I was a betting man it'd be sticking with OKC, but the fact we pulled out all the stops during the interview in Brady etc and the timing of this being announced literally minutes after our meeting with KD took place leaves things open IMO.

Knicks making some good moves for the next two years, I'd say, Lee's another good addition, but there only getting these deals done on the basis of overpaid, lengthy contract and that kinda goes back to what we were saying earlier though, it really doesn't bode well for building a team in the future either capable of bringing home a championship or leaving you with valuable assets to make plays with in the trade market.

KDs decision coming by tomorrow night supposedly, Clippers have been told he's not signing with them, Miami meeting is tonight but leaves very little time if he plans on making a decision tomorrow.

I know I bring them up all the time, and I will again but I think the Celtics might just nab him now. The RealGm Celtics board which normally is depressingly negative seems to be in with the idea we could do it.

Few factors to consider:

- KD supposedly loves Brady, thinks hes a guy he genuinely looks up to, has a huge admiration for. Us bringing him in, supposedly having him on the meeting telling KD he can come and be the next biggest all time great in Boston could be huge. He also loves the Bird to...

- There's also exactly that last point, KD can go to GS and be a star, but is he gonna be the man? Idk but at the Celtics he's gonna be 'the guy.' It's gonna be his team.

- The east is easier to get into the finals than the West, if KD comes were arguably the 2nd best team in the East and could give the Cavs a run for there money, we've also got those Nets picks and a solid core of young developing players that KD/Horford could easily help develop, guys like Crowder/Jerebko/Hunter.

- Plus it's Boston, one of the greatest sports teams for fans ever.

Probably Jinxed it mind now, I'd love KD here, last thing I want is him going to GS though. That'd just be unfair.

I reckon he moves though, to us or elsewhere, I just can't see him doing another round at this crazy meetings of 4 hours business next summer.

Nice article on double clutch btw about the Knicks mate! Believe it was you?

A lot of money for Rondo, seriously hope that deal includes something for the 2nd year being non-guranteed.

It was, yeah. Just wanted to throw something together.

Both years are guaranteed for Rondo btw. Crazy.

Jamal Crawford back to the Clippers, 3 years 42M.

Maybe they got Rondo to promise he wouldn't be a dick? Nah maybe they just see it as a risk and perhaps Rondos had a new lease towards playing this year. A lot of money, but he's a solid player, if his heads straight he's good to have around the locker room.

Crawford took the big money offer.