I Am The Tag Team Champions

Chris Brooker

579019_10153172176930422_1573906439_n.jpg

Eros Comedy presents:

Billy Kirkwood & Chris Brooker: I Am The Tag Team Champions.

Billy Kirkwood. Chris Brooker. Two comedians brought together by their obsession with professional wrestling. The oft-maligned bastard offspring of sports and theatre. The great one-take live action movie. See this brilliant, hysterically funny new stand-up show about life, fandom, geekiness and the wild world of the squared circle. It's still real to them!

This Saturday sees Chris & Billy unleash their all new comedy show I Am The Tag Team Champions for the very first time as part of the world famous Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Professional comics with over twenty years on the circuit between them, they were wrestling fans long before they picked up the mics for themselves. Both will be recognisable as support acts for wrestling stars Mick Foley, William Regal, Nigel McGuinness and many more. Mr Kirkwood is also one of the voices of Glasgow's cult phenomenon Insane Championship Wrestling.

I Am The Tag Team Champions will be a unique fusion of stand-up comedy, improv and chat show featuring all manner of surprises and special guests along the way. This Saturday's premiere will feature an appearance by a mystery guest albeit one that's more than schooled in The Art Of Wrestling. Boom boom!

Tickets are available now from the Edinburgh Fringe website. Sure to be a superb night, come and celebrate the greatest form of live entertainment in the world. By wrestling fans, for wrestling fans... You won't want to miss this.

Date: Saturday 24th August

Time: 7:30pm

Tickets: https://www.edfringe.com/whats-on/comedy/i-...-team-champions

Price:

Thanks for that.

Went really, really well. Managed to sell our room out at Studio 24 and everyone seemed to have a great time. Well, except for the two heckling bellends that left after being repeatedly put in their place. Our yard etc etc etc.

Special mention to our guests along the way. Colt Cabana, Chris Renfrew & Mark Dallas of ICW and comedian Richard Coughlan all joined us for some wrestling inspired comedy shenanigans and did a stellar job. Plans are already in place to take this show on the road featuring appearances by locals along the way. Should be a fun year.

• Paid Members

if you are planning to take it on the road, please get yourselves down to Newcastle, niche wrestling and comedy tend to go down pretty well. We have a pretty cool 'stand' comedy club as well as sone other decent venues.

Anyway, sorry I missed it but glad to hear it went well.

Did you film the show by any chance? How many punters did you mangage to get in?

• Paid Members

I assumed the Bushwackers for some reason.

Glad to hear the show went well guys, hopefully you can bring it down to Bath along the way if you do tour with it. Had Foley down there this year (on a week I was back in Hereford- story of my life) and definitely would love to check this out if I had the chance.

Once again, glad everything went good.

Archived