FutureShock 65! 10th March - Stockport Guildhall

lottothunder_zps0b4344b9.jpg

FutureShock Wrestling is excited to invite you to a truly unique event as we look to crown a brand new FutureShock Champion!

After a series of unfortunate events saw our previous Champion stripped of his Title, FutureShock has been left with a gap at the top of our roster. Due to claims from a number of parties as to who the rightful Champion should be Management have decided to resurrect the single most unpredictable event in Wrestling history.

The Lotto Thunder Tournament was first implemented back at FutureShock 25 to celebrate our landmark event but this time the tournament will be to crown a new Champion!

HOW THE LOTTO THUNDER WORKS:

There are no pre-announced brackets for the tournament. Only a list of all 8 Competitors. Before each 1st round and semi-final match up a TICKET NUMBER will be drawn. If that number is yours then you get to select who enters next!

That

• Paid Members

All being well, I should be coming along to this, making it my first live FutureShock event since #40 in November 2009! Far too long, for what was my favourite UK promotion.

Can we buy tickets on the door, or do you recommend 'Skiddl-ing'?

What's the typical finish time for the shows these days?

STOCKPORT BOOK SIGNING!

UK wrestling personality Greg 'The Truth' Lambert will be signing copies of his smash hit book Holy Grail: The true story of British Wrestling's revival at FutureShock Wrestling 65: Lotto Thunder at Stockport Guildhall (scene of so many of his triumphs and disasters) on Sunday, March 10.

Come along and buy a copy. It's priced

Damn! Can't make this show and I was looking at getting that book too! Will you be at future shows?

I'm doing book signings at Infinite Promotions in Liverpool on Saturday, Future Shock on Sunday and NGW in Hull on March 16. Other than that, signed copies are available at www.xwawrestling.com

• Paid Members

Well, I'm now definitely coming along to this one tonight.

Keep an eye on @BenPCorrigan as I'll probably be twittering away about what's going on.

See y'all tonight, folks!

EDIT: ... and I understand Stixx and Kris Travis are off tonight's show, meaning someone needs to replace Stixx in Lotto Thunder II.

For anyone wanting quick results:

Noam Dar beat Dave Rayne

Josh Bodom beat Cyanide by DQ. Afterwards Egan walked out on Cyanide.

Zack Gibson beat Xander Cooper

CJ Banks beat Simon Valour

Noam Dar beat Josh Bodom

Zack Gibson beat CJ Banks

The Models beat Notorious B.A.D. who had ruined Justin Price's debut.

Zack Gibson beat Noam Dar in a fantastic match to become the new champion. The celebrations were interrupted by Chris Egan who reminded everyone that Cyanide could cash in his title shot at any time.

Alex Cyanide defeated Zack Gibson for the title.

I'll happily admit to being wrong again about Noam Dar. Another 3 matches, all ranging from average (as you expect from opening round matches when they pace themselves) to great. The comedy stuff before his match with Dave Rayne actually had me in tears I laughed that much.

• Paid Members
For anyone wanting quick results:

Noam Dar beat Dave Rayne

Josh Bodom beat Cyanide by DQ. Afterwards Egan walked out on Cyanide.

Zack Gibson beat Xander Cooper

CJ Banks beat Simon Valour

Noam Dar beat Josh Bodom

Zack Gibson beat CJ Banks

The Models beat Notorious B.A.D. who had ruined Justin Price's debut.

Zack Gibson beat Noam Dar in a fantastic match to become the new champion. The celebrations were interrupted by Chris Egan who reminded everyone that Cyanide could cash in his title shot at any time.

Alex Cyanide defeated Zack Gibson for the title.

I'll happily admit to being wrong again about Noam Dar. Another 3 matches, all ranging from average (as you expect from opening round matches when they pace themselves) to great. The comedy stuff before his match with Dave Rayne actually had me in tears I laughed that much.

Slowly converting you then buddy ;)

Slowly converting you then buddy ;)

He is. Even more impressive he's starting to convert my girlfriend too and she was even more against him than I was. She even rolled her eyes when I said I was coming around on the guy but towards the end of the night she was changing her mind. Though being paired with Gibson in the final went a long way to help that. She's a big Gibson fan. Being an adopted Manc originally from Portsmouth she has no problem having a scouser as her number one guy on the roster but it was funny to see her turn against Bodom when she found out he was from Southampton.

Archived