UFC 157: 'Rousey vs Carmouche'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
Yep. UFC 51 was definitely on Bravo. Am I right in thinking it was shown on 24 hour delay?

Most likely. They were usually always shown on the Sunday night. I remember fighting the temptation to look up the result of Brock's UFC debut. Only to wait 24 hours for a 90 second fight sandwiched between 5 minute breaks.

And when Bravo would have the show listed as 9-12 and at 11.45 you still had a 5 round title fight to go. Completely giving away the fact that it ends quick.

Those were the days. The cack old days.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'd imagine she will do well out of it. She fucking should anyway, it was clear Ronda was the real star of the show, but come fight week Carmouche had become much more than just 'the opponent'. She did a great job promoting herself and the PPV, had a compelling story and she brought it in the cage. It was booked as The Ronda Rousey show but Carmouche become a bigger part of the story than I think the UFC even expected.

The fact that Dana was so happy with the fight, plus reports that the PPV drew way more than the UFC were forecasting going in, should ensure they'll sort Carmouche out.

Payroll for the event is out, and the official figure is that Carmouche banked just $12,000 for the fight. I know Dana said they'll take care of her, so I'm hoping she got one of the big locker room bonuses that he and the Fertitta's are fond of handing out.

Sure hope so. Carmouche deserves that. I think she will with Dana's reaction to her, the fight and the PPV estimates.

Archived