PRO WRESTLING REPUBLIC ~ June 29th ~ Sheffield Leadmill

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which room are you in at the Leadmill? Sonic boom starts at 11 and when i used to DJ there they needed time to transfer from gig to club night, bearing in mind you will have a ring to take down then a 10 finish might be optimistic if you are having the ring on the dancefloor area (i assume the stage is too low as the lights are quite far down on it.)

Not having a go at you directly, but why does it matter to you? Some people on the net (not directed at you specifically) seem to just want to point out problems that don't even effect them just to cause trouble. I mean on facebook there's someone asking questions along the lines of "Do they have permission to use images/photos." See it a lot on forums and not just wrestling ones really.

/Rant over

I mean on facebook there's someone asking questions along the lines of "Do they have permission to use images/photos."

This is a fair question, I know at least one great photographer who's had their photos used by other promotions without being paid for them.

There's a lot of water under the bridge with the various people assosiated with 1PW, but if these guys are going to bring in good names and put on good shows, I wont cut off my nose to spite my face by ruling out going or completely write them off before anything has happened.

I imagine that a lot of people will be very cautious about paying for tickets well in advance (understandably so), but the roster for the show looks very good and if the matches they annouce look interesting I pay on the day and give it a go.

HIJO DE REY MISTERIO MATCH ANNOUNCEMENT

Last week we broke the news to you that HIJO DE REY MISTERIO will make his UK debut on June 29th at Pro Wrestling Republic's premier event.

Misterio is one of the hottest young Lucha Libre Stars, was given the "Misterio" name by Rey Misterio Snr, is the cousin of WWE's Rey Mysterio, and is billed as " The Heir to the Misterio Legacy "

Today we can exclusively reveal that on June 29th Pro Wrestling Republic will be " Hecho en Mexico " as we will present a very special " Lucha Libre Premium Internacional " showcase bout, in which Hijo De Rey Misterio will compete in a Lucha Libre rules best 2 out of 3 falls contest, with an as yet un-announced opponent.

Republic match makers will be huddled together in heated debate over the next week or so, as they discuss which member of the Republic roster will go one on one with the electric Mexican high flyer Misterio, in a contest that will receive co-main event billing on June 29th at the Sheffield Leadmill.

Be there in person on June 29th to see a little piece of Mexico burst to life in Sheffield.

THE FIRST REPUBLIC CHAMPION WILL BE CROWNED

On June 29th the first ever Pro Wrestling Republic Champion will be crowned. Every fighter signed to the Republic roster will have designs on being the first champion. With the title belt comes power, influence, money, and bragging rights. Whomever wins the championship will be the undisputed "top dog" in the promotion.

Every fighter wants to win the gold, but only 9 lucky competitors will have the opportunity of a lifetime, and be entered into the one night tournament to crown the first champion.

On June 29th at the Sheffield Leadmill, there will be four qualifying bouts, that will create four victors, and those four victors will advance to the evening's main event, and the " Final Four " bout , with the winner of that contest being crowned the Republic Champion then and there inside the Leadmill at our debut event.

Again, Republic match makers, with an incredible roster of fighters to select from, will be huddled in heated debate over the coming weeks, as they decide which 9 fighters will be entered into the tournament, and which match ups will compose the four qualifying bouts.

There can only ever be one " first champion ", and the only way to see it all go down is to be there at the Sheffield Leadmill on June 29th for The Republic's debut event.

ABOUT THE REPUBLIC

Pro Wrestling Republic is THE brand new wrestling organization in the UK, and we plan to shake things up, and bring you our own unique take on sports entertainment fused with Lucha Libre and a sprinkling of Punk Rock ethos.

The debut Pro Wrestling Republic live event and pilot taping (which is titled "Limitless" ) will take place on Saturday June 29th 2013 LIVE from the famous Sheffield Leadmill, in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.

The Leadmill is one of the UK's leading live music venues and club nights, and The Republic will be working in close partnership with this exciting venue to create " the Republic Bunker " where several hundred lucky fans will witness our " best foot forward", and a unique live presentation featuring the best wrestling talent in the UK in addition to some International guests, all set in a stylized multimedia heavy venue.

Tickets for this un-missable limited capacity taping are on sale now via The Leadmill Box Office, and also via www.prowrestlingrepublic.com , and www.skiddle.com

Ticket pricing is as follows -

Front Row Ringside -

I mean on facebook there's someone asking questions along the lines of "Do they have permission to use images/photos."

This is a fair question, I know at least one great photographer who's had their photos used by other promotions without being paid for them.

A fair question yes but it doesn't effect them directly, if it was the photographer himself asking the question then I'd understand, but I'd presume he do it in private messages/contact rather posting a public comment.

oday we can exclusively reveal that on June 29th Pro Wrestling Republic will be " Hecho en Mexico " as we will present a very special " Lucha Libre Premium Internacional " showcase bout, in which Hijo De Rey Misterio will compete in a Lucha Libre rules best 2 out of 3 falls contest, with an as yet un-announced opponent.

Republic match makers will be huddled together in heated debate over the next week or so, as they discuss which member of the Republic roster will go one on one with the electric Mexican high flyer Misterio, in a contest that will receive co-main event billing on June 29th at the Sheffield Leadmill.

International Veteran STEVE CORINO

US Star " Zombie Princess " JIMMY JACOBS

BURRIDGE, KRIS TRAVIS, EL LIGERO, MARTIN KIRBY, "Suicidal" JIMMY HAVOC, RJ SINGH, MAD MAN MANSON, T-BONE,NOAM DAR, BILL OSPREAY, MK McKINNAN, DARK PANTHER, MASTIFF and much more to be announced

You might as well just announce it.....

A fair question yes but it doesn't effect them directly, if it was the photographer himself asking the question then I'd understand, but I'd presume he do it in private messages/contact rather posting a public comment.

I'd say its a fair question given the circumstances. I don't think even Gauntley would argue his past reputation shows that when things start to get tough he runs for cover leaving anyone who's paid money chasing what they're owed. If he was to start getting legal threats or any other type of hassle I wouldn't be surprised to see him crawl back under his rock to hide, canceling shows and ignoring messages again. I'm probably putting more thought into it than whoever asked the question, they're probably just trolling but still these are the type of things that'd bother me if I was handing over cash to him where normally it wouldn't.

Oh and when Steven reads this, think for a moment. Rather than get defensive just accept your past has made you very untrustworthy. Arguing that fact wont help change that. Shutting up and getting on with things as professionally as possible is the only way to prove us doubters wrong. I hope you do it because another successful company with a strong reputation can only be good for the UK, another high profile fuck up (and it will be, people are watching you waiting for it right now) will just undo all the hard work the good promoters are doing.

oday we can exclusively reveal that on June 29th Pro Wrestling Republic will be " Hecho en Mexico " as we will present a very special " Lucha Libre Premium Internacional " showcase bout, in which Hijo De Rey Misterio will compete in a Lucha Libre rules best 2 out of 3 falls contest, with an as yet un-announced opponent.

International Veteran STEVE CORINO

US Star " Zombie Princess " JIMMY JACOBS

BURRIDGE, KRIS TRAVIS, EL LIGERO, MARTIN KIRBY, "Suicidal" JIMMY HAVOC, RJ SINGH, MAD MAN MANSON, T-BONE,NOAM DAR, BILL OSPREAY, MK McKINNAN, DARK PANTHER, MASTIFF and much more to be announced

You might as well just announce it.....

Ligs vs Misterio is the obvious choice, and will do me just fine.

Wont happen... It'll go 1-2 shows without a hitch people will believe hes changed and then it'll happen again.. I mean when talent hes slagged off in blogs are taking bookings off him you just know it'll end in tears.

If you really need to see his shows buy a ticket on the day.. If you really need to work his shows see a shrink cos your fucking nuts.

• Paid Members

The capacity of britwres to keep eating its young is astounding. After 87 incarnations of 1PW and countless people not just burned but sent on fire and forced drink petrol they come back again and the same dogs return to their vomit once again. You get what you fucking deserve if you put even the smallest amount of trust or faith into this. I am sure that after another 95 incarnations of this you will all be in the same position again. You get what you deserve and you make me sick.

I find myself agreeing with hitman numbers, that is not a phrase that comes easy I can tell you.

The capacity of britwres to keep eating its young is astounding. After 87 incarnations of 1PW and countless people not just burned but sent on fire and forced drink petrol they come back again and the same dogs return to their vomit once again. You get what you fucking deserve if you put even the smallest amount of trust or faith into this. I am sure that after another 95 incarnations of this you will all be in the same position again. You get what you deserve and you make me sick.

I find myself agreeing with hitman numbers, that is not a phrase that comes easy I can tell you.

Wont happen... It'll go 1-2 shows without a hitch people will believe hes changed and then it'll happen again.. I mean when talent hes slagged off in blogs are taking bookings off him you just know it'll end in tears.

If you really need to see his shows buy a ticket on the day.. If you really need to work his shows see a shrink cos your fucking nuts.

Agree with both of these people. When this all goes tits up, And it will do. maybe not this show maybe not the next but it is going to happen A lot of people will complain about being owed this and that, well guess what the answer is simple. just don't go. if people just don't go then he will stop running shows, and if people don't buy into his next promotion down the line then maybe he will fuck off for good.

It's obvious the wrestlers are not gonna want to miss a booking as they need any money they can get, and if they didnt get booked it would just be another wrestler who would be willing to take the booking. it is a shame though that they are willing to go back to a name that has such a dire reputation to anyone on here, which might not be a lot of people in the scheme of things but it is at least some of the potential audience, and more importantly some of the audience that are willing to travel from show A to show B in different towns.

The hard work of several companies has helped to erase the sour taste that gauntley has left in peoples mouths for the last 7 years, it's gonna be a shame when this happens again and Sheffield, a good potential city for big shows is left feeling sour over a gauntley burning again

Archived