Wrestlemania XXVIII

Summerslam

No Way Out

- Best wrestling TV show

RAW

Impact Wrestling

NXT

- Best promo

What do we know about injustice? The Shield - Backstage promo (dont know when this first aired)

Daniel Bryan breaks up with AJ

Dolph Ziggler at TLC

- Best DVD/documentary

Edge - You think you know Me?

CM Punk Best in The World

Edited by Cobra1000

- Best event

1. WWE SummerSlam: Because it probably won't get any other votes. Just a really solid card top-to-bottom. Nothing overly fancy and but the matches and booking were solid. The opener and triple-threat matches were very good, Bryan/Kane was lots of fun and Triple H/Lesnar surpassed my expectations (wasn't expecting those two to gel at all). Everything else was decent-to 'pretty good'.

2. WWE WrestleMania: A card I need to rewatch. It'll get through to the poll stage anyway but I'll try and give it a shot before then. Reading the results it doesn't sound great match-wise on paper but at the time, I really enjoyed it. Wasn't as high on HIAC as some but still enjoyed it, thought Rock/Cena was good and enjoyed 90% of the undercard (Rhodes/Show was a disappointment for me unfortunately) plus it had that 'Big Show' feel to it.

3. Raw (02/04/12): See below.

- Worst event

I'm sure there have been several godawful episodes of RAW this year but I couldn't say which individual ones...

There certainly have been.

WWE Raw: Three Hour Special (23/04/12) - Almost certainly not the "worst" but this (the go-home show before Extreme Rules if that helps) was the show that ruined the momentum Raw was building at the time. After a surprisingly disappointing build to WrestleMania, I thought WWE had redeemed themselves with a strong showing at WrestleMania, one of the most talked about episodes in ages with the next night's Raw, many would argue the week afterwards was even better and even a surprisingly strong show by the standard of UK Raws this was the one where I fully realised the three hour gimmick was going to suck because the angles they had going at the time were as hot as anything they'd had in ages but this show still felt like a chore. It wasn't even that the matches were 'better' in that period than any other time before since it was that for a few weeks there they just seemed to have a 'flow' back to their shows, throw in some great wrestling (Henry/Punk mini-feud) and intense brawling (Cena/Lesnar), Goldust in business attire, some excellent promo work, some cool vidoe modern-looking packages (the ones they used for Lesnar, first shown at the Raw in London), Daniel Bryan being great in reacting to his big WM loss, some surprisingly good commentary and a bit of People Power and Raw seemed 'fresh' for two or three weeks. Funny how quickly they can ruin a good thing.

- Best wrestling TV show

1. WWE SmackDown (thanks mostly to Sheamus. Bryan, Henry, Show, Otunga, Santino, Orton and more recently JBL I just find it easier to pay attention to than Raw for some reason).

2. WWE Saturday Morning Slam (a great concept).

3. WWE Superstars (not quite the level of a couple of years ago perhaps, but still a lot of fun)

Need to find time to start watching Main Event at some point.

- Best promo

1. The Rock's promo the night after WrestleMania promising to be WWE Champion again (02/04/12).

2. Daniel Bryan the same night as the above (02/04/12).

3. Seconding the one where The Big Show reminded Punk it will only take one week for the entire audience to forget he existed (16/07/12).

Honourable Mention: Daniel Bryan rants at The Rock (Raw 1000)

Best DVD/documentary... Watched more wrestling DVDs/online/VHS this year than any other but I've only just realised none of them are from this year. Glad I read this thread because I didn't know the British wrestling documentary had been on yet.

Best Event

PWG Threemendous III

WWE Extreme Rules

TNA Slammiversary

Worst Event

TNA Genesis

WWE No Way Out

Best Wrestling TV Show

TNA Impact

Best Promo

Daniel Bryan with CM Punk and The Rock.

John Cena the night after Elimination Chamber.

John Cena goes Thuganomics.

• Paid Members

Getting these in before closing time. Might add descriptions later.

Best event

Chikara King of Trios

WWE Extreme Rules

WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII

Best wrestling TV show

Impact Wrestling

WWE Raw

WWE NXT

Best promo

John Cena's first promo on the Rock after Elimination Chamber

Austin Aries' promo after being attacked by Aces and Eights ("I punch with my left hand")

John Cena/CM Punk/Bret Hart before Night of Champions

Edited by Up Chuck

• Paid Members

Best event

Extreme Rules

Raw 1000

Best wrestling TV show

Impact

Best promo

The Rock's history lesson number 2

Best DVD/documentary

Nash's Timeline of 1995

Wrestling's Golden Days

CM Punk's

(I wanted to put Austin's, NEWM, but it came out in November of last year.

• Paid Members

- Best eventWWE WrestlemaniaRaw 1000TNA Slammiversary- Worst eventNight of ChampionsRoyal RumbleNo Way Out- Best wrestling TV showWWE VintageWWE RawWWE Superstars- Best promoCena/Punk/Bret HartRock with Cena merchandisePunk/Johnny Ace WWE 13 unveiling- Best DVD/documentaryCM Punk: Best in the World